TravelTalkOnline

Another Jewelry Store Robbery

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 02/28/2023 11:11 AM

DAILY HERALD LINK

I guess catching 3 of the 4 is better than what usually happens.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 02/28/2023 11:57 AM

Absolutely!
Posted By: EdB

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 02/28/2023 03:23 PM

Thank God, no one was injured in this robbery. Jay from Shiva's is probably one of the nicest guys on the island. I am very glad he and his employees were not injured or worse during this brash robbery. May the alleged suspects, rot in jail for many many years.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 02/28/2023 03:57 PM

What good is and unarmed security guard when the robbers have guns. duh

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 02/28/2023 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
What good is and unarmed security guard when the robbers have guns. duh

Absolutely none, it is just a feel-good thing and for show.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/01/2023 12:44 PM

If security personnel were given guns, what do you suppose they would do with them? Open fire in a crowded tourist location? That's madness.

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/01/2023 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ritchard
If security personnel were given guns, what do you suppose they would do with them? Open fire in a crowded tourist location? That's madness.

I would think that if they did have guns it would make the offenders think twice about commiting the crime. Trained security guards would have the same responce to make as an armed police officer when to use force.
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/01/2023 04:22 PM

We were in Roatan, Honduras last year for eight weeks. The security guards at the hotels and on the beaches (including West Bay Beach) have guns.
At the beginning it seemed weird but then you get used to it. It seemed like the crime level is kept low.
Posted By: lucca44

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/02/2023 01:06 PM

'''security''guards that are unarmed are as effective as a manaquin --and the bad actors know it --and act out with that knowledge

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/02/2023 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by lucca44
'''security''guards that are unarmed are as effective as a manaquin --and the bad actors know it --and act out with that knowledge

Yep.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/02/2023 04:29 PM

Before this thread goes totally off course, I'll add my 1 1/2 cents. Of course, robbery is reprehensible. But it isn't a capital offense, and security guards do not have a Bondian license to kill. If I were a robber, I'd realize this and I'd be more afraid of the guard dogs.

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/02/2023 05:16 PM

Security guard had a gun put to her head. If that isn't enough reason to shoot back I don't what else would qualify. Just a robber brandishing a gun in my book is reason to defend myself by any means possible.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Another Jewelry Store Robbery - 03/02/2023 06:08 PM

Directed at no one in particular, before this goes totally off the rails about guns, will end this one here.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline