TravelTalkOnline

Taxi vs Car Rental

Posted By: Lancer

Taxi vs Car Rental - 03/20/2023 05:54 PM

Hi everyone,

Appreciate the feedback to an earlier post where I asked about renting a studio in Orient Village. We got a nice location through Vrbo and are booked for two weeks in June!

We've always rented a car but are considering just taking a cab to Orient Village this time.

A couple questions:

Is there a cab driver anyone has used in the past you could recommend for the ride from the airport to Orient Village?

Is is fairly easy to get a cab if we decide to go Grand Case or Marigot for dinner one evening?

Thanks in advance,

Lancer
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Taxi vs Car Rental - 03/20/2023 06:58 PM

At the airport, you can get someone in line and anyone can take you to Orient. You should confirm the price ahead of time though, before you get in the cab.

I would suggest that you make arrangements ahead of time, if you plan on using taxis only, to get to Grand Case or Marigot. You can contact Wilfred Brooks here on the sponsors page to check on prices, etc. and make arrangements. Understand, you will have to make arrangements when they drop you off, for someone to pick you up afterwards, as there are generally NOT taxis just hanging around in either place.

It really depends on how much you plan on using the car and whether you will need to stop for groceries, etc. By the time you figure in the trips to and from the airport, the cost of a couple of taxi rides per week could come close to the cost to rent a car. To me, I want to be able to pick up and go someplace when I want to go, and not wait on someone to come pick me up, but that's me.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Taxi vs Car Rental - 03/20/2023 11:00 PM

"I want to be able to pick up and go someplace when I want to go, and not wait on someone to come pick me up, but that's me."
Same here.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Taxi vs Car Rental - 03/20/2023 11:43 PM

Scuba--Again, one might feel the world shift a little on it's axis.. grin
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Taxi vs Car Rental - 03/21/2023 12:23 AM

HaHaHa. I did feel a little tremor.
Posted By: kazanu

Re: Taxi vs Car Rental - 03/21/2023 03:05 AM

I typically suggest to my guest that if they going to make 1 trip a day from our place to beach or restaurant or shop then dont get a rental,...do the taxi, if however they want to go for beach time, shopping and dinners every day then get a rental,...you can get quite a few taxi rides for the same amount as a car rental and no issues with parking and you can even have that extra glass of wine,...just my 2 cents
Have a great trip !
Tim
www.kazanusxm.com
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline