TravelTalkOnline

Week 4 Trip Report

Posted By: Leagle49

Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 11:50 AM

Sunday morning I had my quiche from La Suchriere. Had part of a croissant as well. So good. Dinner was salad and pizza from Isola.

Monday morning we did a grocery run to Carrefour In Cole Bay. Rest of the day was reading by the pool and the gym for an hour and a half in the afternoon. For dinner I roasted Salmon. .

Tuesday, pool and gym. What can I say, we are so predictable. Had a terrific downpour in that morning that lasted maybe 15 minutes. It has been really windy this week. For Dinner I fixed Shrimp Curry with Fragrant Orange Rice.

Wednesday, Spending time by the pool reading and using the gym. Dinner was at Bistrot Caraibes. Always amazing. The company couldn't have been better, the wait staff was Great (so efficient and so much fun!) and the food!!! Amazing. Valinda Vincent had escargot in a creamy mustard sauce, John had the Endive Blue Cheese salad and I had the hot goat Cheese salad with smoked duck breast. Valinda had local red snapper for her entrée, John had the Filet and I had the Lamb Chops. We all licked our plates clean (figuratively of course LOL) The molten chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert was excellent. We finished with a shot of their house made ginger rum. An absolutely perfect evening.

Thursday we took our friend back to the airport for her flight home. Very sad. Friday and Saturday we very quiet. Reading by the pool, time in the gym working off those wonderful treats from La Suchriere. Meals, mostly leftovers, on the balcony. John did do sliders and lettuce wraps.

Saturday was another pool day. With leftovers for dinner.

Attached picture Shrimp Curry and Orange Rice.jpg
Attached picture Escargot in Muchroom sauce.jpg
Attached picture Endive Blue Cheese Salad.jpg
Attached picture Goat Cheese Salad and smoked duck.jpg
Attached picture Red Snapper.jpg
Attached picture Sea Bass.jpg
Attached picture Filet.jpg
Attached picture Lamb Chops.jpg
Attached picture Molton Chocolate Cake.jpg
Attached picture Sliders.jpg
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 12:31 PM

Sounds like things are still going well. Sorry we did not meet up. Enjoy!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 12:50 PM

Thanks for the report and the pictures. In the category of 'nosy questions', I have to ask if you bring some of your own dishes, because the plates that you showed for your meals at the 'house' don't look like they would be standard issue timeshare plates.

One more week to go or two?

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 12:52 PM

Carol, no we did not. Those are thee standard plates at Simpson Bay Resort. They are pretty nice actually though it would be nicer if there were more than 4 place settings.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 12:56 PM

Wow, OK. I wonder, especially since you are there for so long, whether you could ask housekeeping for a couple more plates. Couldn't hurt to ask. They can only say no.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 03:20 PM

I'm pretty sure they would supply more plates if asked. I know Flamingo does at no extra charge. Have had them do that many times for when we have a dinner party at our unit.
Posted By: JandIrene

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 06:52 PM

Thanks for your informative reports. We are booked at SBR for late next month. How much do they charge for use of the gym?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/26/2023 10:29 PM

I’m full just drooling over your food photos.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/27/2023 12:49 AM

We have a reservation at Bistrot Caraibes this coming Saturday. Can't wait! One of our favorite restaurants on the entire island.

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/28/2023 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JandIrene
Thanks for your informative reports. We are booked at SBR for late next month. How much do they charge for use of the gym?

Thee are different rates depending on whether you are an Owner/Member or not and long you select. I'm an an owner and paid $45 for a month.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Week 4 Trip Report - 03/28/2023 02:59 PM

I'm surprised they charge the owners.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline