TravelTalkOnline

Excited to plan our trip & a question

Posted By: ETvacation

Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/29/2023 01:57 PM

We stumbled upon this forum a couple of weeks ago while doing some research in anticipation of our first trip in late May. Since then, I have been following along every couple of days. Thanks everyone for posting information on restaurants, beaches, etc. You all make it very easy for planners to figure out their game plan ahead of time! I do have one question. Does anyone know of a local fisherman who might take / allow us to join for fishing from pier or land (for a fee)? Hubby loves fishing for sport and has done deep sea fishing so was looking for something a little different to try. We will be spending time in Simpson’s Bay and Grand Case. Thanks in advance for any information.

We are very very excited for this first trip!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/29/2023 02:02 PM

Welcome!

With regard to fishing charters, I've never done one, but I hear people say good things about Taylor Made Charters. You can google them for contact info.

And for future reference, it is "SIMPSON" Bay (singular), not Simpson's Bay.

Enjoy!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/29/2023 07:59 PM

The poster is asking about fishing from land or a pier, not a charter boat.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/29/2023 09:08 PM

Oh, sorry, read the question too quickly.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/29/2023 10:23 PM

Does one need a license to fish here? We’re at BSV and at the far end near the old recked boat I see people fishing. OST mornings,

When we stayed at Divi saw locals walk the wall and fish off the rocks
Posted By: WWII

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/29/2023 10:53 PM

No
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/30/2023 12:53 AM

Just a get a rod and your bucket and enjoy .
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/30/2023 02:43 PM

I would think that Captain Neal would have some insight on fishing and the best places to do that! https://www.facebook.com/CaptNeil
Posted By: ETvacation

Re: Excited to plan our trip & a question - 03/30/2023 08:40 PM

Thanks everyone! Plans are still pretty fluid as of now and hubby has not ruled out deep sea fishing.

Continue to enjoy reading all of the posts here. And am pretty sure that even if we tried to eat breakfast, lunch, happy hour snacks, and dinner, that we would not be able to get to all of the places on my list already!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline