TravelTalkOnline

Friars and LoLos.

Posted By: taraavo

Friars and LoLos. - 04/17/2023 12:21 PM

Yesterday was our first time at Friars Bay. I can’t believe I ever questioned going there. We absolutely loved the beach. We spent our time at FBBC and I loved the French / yacht rock radio all day as a nice change from the music at other beach bars. I can’t say anything about the water that you don’t already know. It was just fabulous. Lunch was a real treat as well. Calamari was the most tender I’ve ever had. Wahoo carpaccio, a mahi plate, ribs - all excellent. We were here for a very long time. Late afternoon was spent enjoying the excellent pool at our hotel. And the evening was dinner (crab backs and grilled chicken) at a LoLo - Aus Coins des Bons Amis. The food was delicious. No dinner pics. I guess I run out of steam with regard to photo taking by dinner time. After dinner drinks we’re at Quai in Grand Case. Another great day on the island.

Attached picture BD1CE0E4-0C67-47ED-BD41-2A5038B65707.jpeg
Attached picture 5E16F389-0AE6-47CB-868B-1AE6199BC6FA.jpeg
Attached picture DF68278B-B9B1-46E0-A65F-4E80A035C3E9.jpeg
Attached picture 94D3778C-645B-47F3-BB7E-FE37E412471A.jpeg
Attached picture 5C1530F5-51D7-4A2E-99FF-642E8D3D6139.jpeg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Friars and LoLos. - 04/17/2023 01:10 PM

We need to get back to Friars Bay! The thing that keeps me away somewhat is the road. How was it? Lovely pics! Carry on!
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Friars and LoLos. - 04/17/2023 01:18 PM

The road wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated ! It certainly wasn’t smooth but most of the craters were avoidable.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Friars and LoLos. - 04/17/2023 01:20 PM

OK, thanks. Not sure if we will get there next time or not. So many restaurants, so few days!!
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Friars and LoLos. - 04/17/2023 03:00 PM

Love your updates! Keep them coming! Odd that we've never been to Friars after 30 plus trips to the Island. It's on the list for sure this year!
Posted By: Todd

Re: Friars and LoLos. - 04/17/2023 04:11 PM

FBBC is probably my favorite place to have lunch on island, as stated before I wish they had pads for the chairs but still worth it to me to spend a day there. Laurent and his staff are fantastic to deal with as long as you are easy to get along with and reasonably polite. Laurent can be gruff but he is really a big softy, he has taken the time to come visit with us and show us the pictures of post Irma and the staff he has there helping to rebuild. While it looks nearly the same as pre Irma it is basically completely redone, there were walls missing and no roof, filled with sand where there were walls. Some very hard working staff. If you get the chance and they are not too busy I would suggest asking to see the pictures, he has them in a three ring binder.

I usually park on the Kali side back behind Kali's and walk over rather than drive around to the entrance closer to Happy Bay, the road that way is not too bad but it is a but further of a walk. Note that we are usually staying on the Dutch side so that entrance is closer as well.

Thanks for all the post on your trip, keep having a great time!
T
Posted By: chelea

Re: Friars and LoLos. - 04/19/2023 05:48 AM

We’re on island and spent a day at Friar’s FBBC last week. It’s fabulous. Try the stuffed mussels. We park behind Kali’s and walk over. The road through the neighborhood is fine, it’s the “driveway” that’s brutal. Just go slow! So worth it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline