TravelTalkOnline

Sunday Jazz Brunch

Posted By: CaribLee

Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 04:29 PM

Spent the afternoon at Rendez Vous Lounge listening to the best musicians on the island. It is always a highlight of our trip. And as a bonus, we got to meet and chat with wendyk. If you like good music, this is a can't miss afternoon.

Attached picture 20230507_145257.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 05:05 PM

The website says 1-4 for the Jazz lunch. Do most people make a reservation for before 1? Nobody seems to talk much about the food, which to me means it must be kind of missable. Others have said that you really need to eat there to get the full experience?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 05:13 PM

"Others have said that you really need to eat there to get the full experience?"
Wonder what that means.

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 05:15 PM

Just repeating what others have said.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Just repeating what others have said.

I realize that. Just wondering what they meant by that.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 06:03 PM

We make reservations for 12:45 which is about the time most folks seem to get there. The food is good but we mainly have appetizers since we are there for three plus hours. Yesterday we had bang bang shrimp (which you have to ask for as they are not on the menu) and the hot wings. Both were good. They have a pretty extensive menu which you can find on their website. It's certainly not gourmet but everything we have had we enjoyed.
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 06:41 PM

Carol - The food at Rendezvous is really good, the "pizzaolo" picture is on the menu (their word not mine). The phrase "You have to eat there to get the full experience" means that the musicians interact with the Rendezvous patrons and you wouldn't get that eating at a different restaurant in the square. We make reservations for 1pm as the musicians are usually still setting up their equipment.

Attached picture 20230409_130133.jpg
Attached picture 20230409_125747.jpg

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/08/2023 06:48 PM

OK, thanks Carib Lee and Whale Tail!! Pizza works for me most any time! Fries look a little too crispy for me..
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/09/2023 01:45 AM

we have always enjoyed our meals at rendezvous
my wife's favorite place for tuna tar tar

service is friendly but a bit slow although you shouldn't be in any hurry as you are hangin around listening to the music

only negative is that the heat

Description: tuna tar tar
Attached picture Rendevous tuna tar tar 2022.jpg
Attached picture Rendevous Pizza.jpg
Attached picture Rendevous Jazz Brunch.jpg
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/09/2023 10:44 AM

Hi Carol, In "high season" reservations at least a week before are pretty much mandatory; not so much this time of year. Particularly if you are a large party, it is a good idea that at least some arrive a little before 1:00 to secure the table.
The menu at RDV is eclectic, with something for all tastes: good, thin-crust pizzas, burgers, salads, the tuna tartar, and great-looking desserts, as well.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/09/2023 12:48 PM

It is always a must do for us. Music and the amount of musicians vary week to week. Food is decent....Pizza good, burgers were very good, and drinks are plentiful. Service always good too. Our very own member Wendy K is there of the time always. Always a nice conversation!! People go for the music...not necessarily the food. The food and drink are secondary!. Go...enjoy.....it's always a BLAST!

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/09/2023 12:55 PM

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/10/2023 10:22 AM

Yes, Carol make reservations. I waited until we arrived on island and couldn't get one for that Sunday nor for the next one on our two week stay.

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/10/2023 12:56 PM

Wendy said it's not so bad for offseason.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Sunday Jazz Brunch - 05/12/2023 07:20 AM

Rosemary, check your messages.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline