TravelTalkOnline

Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond

Posted By: sxmmartini

Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 09:12 AM

Is the Dinghy Dock in Oyster Pond Open?

Attached picture IMG_0097.png
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 09:53 AM

Hasn't been there for years. Even before Irma.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 10:27 AM

Strange the review was from three months ago but the name has changed to Dinghi Dock @ Oyster Pond
Posted By: kim

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 11:18 AM

Strange - owner is from the US - Virginia I think!
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 01:55 PM

No date on the review......has to be an old one.
Posted By: Ragtime

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 04:36 PM

How about Captain Oliver’s?
Posted By: dkupersmith

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 05:05 PM

Just Assume that nothing is open directly on the lagoon. Hopefully now that the border agreement has been reached someone may want to open a business there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 05:15 PM

As dkupersmith said, Captain Oliver's is not currently open. However, hopefully it will reopen at some point, since the border agreement has been entered. Previously, Captain Oliver's was on the Dutch side. Now that piece of property is on the French side, so the former owner may not want to deal with French side regulations, but hopefully it will reopen in some form.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/04/2023 11:16 PM

If you want to read some very snarky responses to customer complaints, go to TripAdvisor and read some of the comments from the owner of the current place. I went a couple of times in the past and probably never again, especially after reading his responses.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/05/2023 01:39 AM

Same here. We tried it 3 times. Every time I questioned why I put up with his snarky personality. I'll never return.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/05/2023 10:58 AM

Captain Olivers hotel was always on the French side. The restaurant at Capt's Olivers and the other buildings over water (including Dingy Dock) were Dutch.

Took us one time to go to Simpson Bay Dingy Dock and never went back.
Posted By: snuba

Re: Dinghy Dock Bar/ Oyster Pond - 06/05/2023 12:35 PM

We stopped there couple of times and both times there were maybe 2-3 more people only. Totally dead. Barmaid however was a hoot, very personable and nice. Didn’t eat and didn’t stay long because it was so dead.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline