TravelTalkOnline

Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay

Posted By: kim

Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/06/2023 05:42 PM

I know the other thread kind of slammed Seth the owner of Dingy Dock - who is an acquired taste. We enjoy DD to watch sports, cold drink and just BS. But this is the type of thing Seth and Crew does frequently to help the island. So if anyone on island pop in for a good cause.

Attached picture IMG_9776.jpeg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/06/2023 05:49 PM

His caring for paws doesn't excuse his rudeness in my book.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/06/2023 05:54 PM

Good for him. Maybe not a good business person but good to Dogs still nice 👍. I think I’ve seen Tito down by Mary’s Boon.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/06/2023 06:01 PM

Just saw a post he’s in the states with Potato - knee surgery. So I guess Me’Shell and the rest of the crew will be with be running Yappy Hour.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/07/2023 03:40 PM

Seth certainly takes care of his dogs, which puts him in high regard in my book. One of the better places to get a beer on island, it is a regular stop for MJ and I.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/07/2023 08:46 PM

Yup!! I can handle occasional grumpy or surly! Considering what he does for the dogs!! Plus he and his crew took very good care of my daughter and her friends one night and made sure they got back home to Cupecoy safely!
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 09:02 AM

My only beef with Seth, if it's slow, he takes over the conversation. Other than that it's a great pitstop for all things bar food!!!
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 10:42 AM

One and done, many better options. Lost it's vibe when it moved.
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 11:44 AM

Went to Dingy Dock yesterday afternoon for an early dinner after traveling all day and our group of 6 enjoyed everything. They have the best nachos, beer was ice cold, and all of the entrees were really good. We also thought the bartender/waiter was excellent, nice guy from North Carolina.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by CaribEagle
We also thought the bartender/waiter was excellent, nice guy from North Carolina.

Everyone from North Carolina is nice
grin
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 07:27 PM

Completely agree GaKaye!!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 07:45 PM

That is great when it comes to what he does for dogs but he might want to rethink his TripAdvisor responses. While I am not a huge fan at all of TripAdvisor, people do read it and his responses could likely turn many off.
Posted By: road3682

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/08/2023 10:26 PM

Agree---GaKaye cheers

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/09/2023 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Originally Posted by CaribEagle
We also thought the bartender/waiter was excellent, nice guy from North Carolina.

Everyone from North Carolina is nice
grin

That could be debatable.😉

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/09/2023 12:58 AM

I find many of his responses hilarious. You know others wish they had the guts to respond like he does.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/09/2023 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Todd
I find many of his responses hilarious. You know others wish they had the guts to respond like he does.

Hilarious, yes, to a point, but it is still not an overall good reflection of his business. His choice but I think it alienates a LOT of people. I also think he must solicit positive reviews as he had a lot of them in mid-April. Coincidence? Who knows?
His business, his choice.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/09/2023 01:20 AM

Back in our days way back , we did NC a lot of times because my Wife Female boss had a home there . Had some good food plus Asheville.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/09/2023 04:02 PM

Not to be critical but it's Dinghy Dock, not Dingy (entirely different meaning). And, yes, we always enjoyed the OP location - there was a path from Les Balcons.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 02:22 AM

Yes - you are being critical. Obviously everyone posting knew what bar I was referring to, Was it necessary to point out a typo?
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 03:37 AM

Of course it wasn't necessary, but if I misspell something I appreciate a correction. And most people probably do. Lighten up.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by kim
Yes - you are being critical. Obviously everyone posting knew what bar I was referring to, Was it necessary to point out a typo?

Since you enjoy Seth's raw humor that spell check shouldn't have bothered you.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Todd

Can’t make this up!

Have a great day!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Biturbo
Not to be critical ...

Anytime a sentence starts with "not to be critical" or "I hate to do this" or "with all due respect" you know that nothing good will follow. If you are aware of that in the first place, and if that is how you feel you must start the sentence...then the best bet is JUST DON'T!! It will not be well received, and you are an a** for doing it.

Did someone pi** in everyones cornflakes this morning? lol

I love Seth at Dinghy Dock. He is an advocate for the dogs and cats, allows the bar to be used for fundraisers that several of my island friends sponsor.

I held a cocktail party somewhere, and after the fact he let me know tha I could have gotten supplies from him at wholesale, which would have helped me save money. Back during COVID when you needed printed proof of your test results, he has also printed them out for us, on our way to the airport.

He is kind and giving. You just have to get to know him. As Kim said, "acquired taste". The fact that he made sure her daughter got home safely speaks volumes in my book.

And you can't beat the specials they have! Recently it was an all you can eat mussels night. The Friday night steak specials with a baked potato and salad are a bargain! And with the price of chicken wings these days, the wings night must be a loss leader for Dinghy.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 03:57 PM

Still finding this this thread entertaining, did any of you that don't like the place ever think that he possibly doesn't care if you go there or not? As for his business acumen, he is still standing and rolling along and has a loyal customer base, he has his niche and it works for him. Seth seems to find some good staff as well. This is a place that we don't plan on going but end up there unless I need a beer fix, works for MJ and I.

162 days until back on island, hope to see you there Kim! Based on our last trip however we will find out that you were there and I was a few steps down at Lal's!

I sure hope I did not mishpell anything!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 04:08 PM

We definitely have to try this place.
I think we'd like it.

Many years ago, we were at the old DD for a TTOL party.

Re: Dingy Dock - Simpson Bay - 06/10/2023 09:17 PM

I think we are done here.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline