TravelTalkOnline

H Season is here......

Posted By: NeilRooney

H Season is here...... - 06/15/2023 02:57 PM

NHC image this morning.........

[img]https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5[/img]
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/15/2023 05:55 PM

OOOOO NOOOOOOO !!! He said the "H" word !!!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/15/2023 08:26 PM

Prayers and we should be okay.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/15/2023 09:04 PM

The conditions are not conducive to formation at this time of the season. I'm watching this wave and it might turn into a storm system around Martinique on Monday/Tuesday next week. That's important to me, since I'm in Martinique right now smile But we'll have a couple of days time as this wave moves across the Atlantic to let the spaghetti models start to look alike and give us a likely storm path. So now we have our ~14-day summer rhythm starting...
Posted By: pat

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/15/2023 10:12 PM

Lesley,

Know that you and all the islands people along with our beloved island itself are in our hearts and prayers for a calm and quiet “H” season.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/15/2023 11:40 PM

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Posted By: pat

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 12:22 AM

Behave, Brian. We don’t use that word if we can avoid it! 😉🙂
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 02:10 AM

Neil. B Have. Nice heads Up
Posted By: Kennys

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 03:44 AM

Hi Neil , we haven't been back to Anguilla way back but had great times at Meads bay and Frangappatie , sorry for the spelling mistake . Planning on coming one day and we have a good friend Wendy Samuel from Mary Land that has some suggestions for us but will love to meet you at your place and have some good local Anguillan food , nothing about fancy foods that we know about on St.Maarten lol.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 10:34 AM

Sounds like it could be a couple of really rough days for "our" lil island. Sending prayers to all our friends that live and work on the island!!
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 11:40 AM

Nothing but a wave moving across from Africa. If there is something out there I will always let you know.

Attached picture IMG_0194.png
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 12:36 PM

As we enter early hurricane season, would just like to point out that the marine programs such as Predict Wind and Windy, are relatively accurate for longer range outcomes and predictions. Nothing is perfect, but I have been using these for many years.
The current system coming off West Africa, as shown by the National hurricane centre is expected to develop into a cyclone. However, unlike the national hurricane center, both marine programs predict longer range outcomes, and both show the system, eventually bending northward away from the Caribbean. Hopefully that is the case.
The screenshot from Windy that I have attached shows the system going in a northern direction, but passing within a couple hundred miles of SXM next Friday June 23.

Dr. Phil SXM

Attached picture IMG_1023.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1024.jpeg

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 04:41 PM

If the spaghetti models line up, the SXM isn't going to get a storm, but mid week next week there will be 10+ waves coming from the NE - that's close enough to a north swell to make most of the beaches untenable for a bit.
Posted By: Lancer

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 10:21 PM

Yikes! We fly out next Saturday so hope the predictions for a northward track hold true.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/16/2023 11:27 PM

Maybe it will provide you with a nice tail wind for the flight home.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/17/2023 08:40 AM

WOW!! That is solid information!! If this all holds true, there could be some serious waves!! Surfs up!!

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/17/2023 10:38 AM

The models are now looking closer to each other, and it isn't good news at all. The system will most likely develop and, while perhaps not a hurricane, strong winds and waves around a revolving centre will happen. The bad news is that it looks like next Thursday is landfall around Dominica. I'm just to the south and can see Dominica from here... I am going to get my boat ready for immediate travel and might flee to the south on Monday. But most of the time storm systems curve to the north - and it doesn't take much of a change in path at that distance to put St. Martin in the storm's path.
NOAA Forecast 17/06/2023 Morning
[Linked Image]
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/17/2023 01:37 PM

Invest with spaghetti model…

Attached picture IMG_0218.jpeg
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/17/2023 02:58 PM

Phil.....I also like Windy as it seems to generally be more accurate than other models. It now has it tracking further south. Still up in the air as to where it will actually go.

Attached picture Screenshot_20230617_105424_Windy.jpg
Posted By: gomer36

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/17/2023 04:33 PM

I was just reading a story regarding this very topic before I jumped on here. It was about the two main competing factors this season, a much warmer than normal Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico versus a sudden flip in the Pacific from three years of La Nina to El Nino that's also getting stronger faster than predicted. El Nino tends to be good for the Caribbean and the island we all love as the strong westerlies it creates tend to create shear and "blow the tops off" tropical cyclones, and also causes more storms to make an early turn into the North Atlantic and become fish storms. The discussion was about which major climate force would ultimately prevail this season. Historically, El Nino makes for a mild hurricane season...here's to hoping history repeats itself.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/17/2023 04:49 PM

Yep I see that Lee. Just have to keep an eye on it as it gets closer. Does not look like it will develop into a strong storm based on the models. But still, important to be aware that it’s out there. Quite early in the season.

Dr. Phil Sxm

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/18/2023 11:19 AM

Overnight the forecasts have changed significantly, now 3 of them have a CAT 3 hurricane, and 8 have a hurricane forecast. The ECMWF model has it passing over St. Croix midday next Saturday and the BVI will get over 30 knots of wind. The GFS model has a bigger hurricane, way out to the east and north and due to the wind circulation the BVI would only have 8 knots of wind on Saturday afternoon. I know which forecast I'd prefer (that's the "safety bias") but right now either is possible.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/18/2023 11:49 AM

Wow! A Category 3 hurricane in June!!! That has to be a rarity.

If that’s the case, I am praying that all stay safe.

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/18/2023 03:03 PM

Here is the most recent chart of the spaghetti models, 5 show CAT 3 or greater, and a total of 9 indicate a hurricane is forming.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RonDon

Re: H Season is here...... - 06/20/2023 12:55 PM

Praying you get outta harm Zanshin
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline