TravelTalkOnline

Golf?

Posted By: timnboston

Golf? - 06/22/2023 09:06 PM

Does anyone know if the golf course at Mullet rents clubs and whom you might contact to arrange rentals? I know it's not much of a course, but my brother is coming down this year and he is an addict.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Golf? - 06/22/2023 10:01 PM

I spoke at length with one of the members / club organizers for that course while in SXM. I once actively played, and she invited me out to the course and when I said I had no clubs she said that they have those. Then I said I was a leftie. We both agreed that odds of a full set were pretty low and I ended up not playing that course smile So you shouldn't have to worry if you are a rightie ...
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Golf? - 06/22/2023 10:28 PM

"My brother is coming down this year and he is an addict."

If he plays that course, it might actually cure him.
Posted By: pat

Re: Golf? - 06/22/2023 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by timnboston
Does anyone know if the golf course at Mullet rents clubs and whom you might contact to arrange rentals? I know it's not much of a course, but my brother is coming down this year and he is an addict.

Tim.

You are aware I’m sure of the state of the course but it’s still good for a few laughs. clubs are available for rent at the same place you make your tee times and rent carts. The price to play with cart and clubs is ludicrous but if you are so addicted…….go for it. 🙂🙂
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Golf? - 06/22/2023 11:29 PM

I think you can just show up at the course and get some rentals. Most of the players I see come with their clubs. As others have said it’s not the greatest course and green fees are quite expensive. That said I do see a lot of golfers on my walks out of Pointe Pirouette. I hear a lot of thumps as their clubs hit the ground.
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Golf? - 06/22/2023 11:54 PM

Most of the time you can rent clubs. It is subject to availability. I have this scanned on my phone that I give to guests that stay at my place.
Not sure if you want this or not but it is the golf card.

Dr. Phil Sxm

Attached picture IMG_1126.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1127.jpeg
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Golf? - 06/22/2023 11:59 PM

Thanks everyone - will get this info to my brother
Posted By: Coconut Joe

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 01:47 AM

You can call to reserve a tee time, reserve a cart and rent clubs. They have a very limited number of carts and you will want to golf earlier, before it gets too hot. The course is golfable during the rainy season. Otherwise, wait until it rains and go the following morning. Otherwise it's like golfing in a Walmart parking lot.
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 11:42 AM

You could also day trip to Anguilla and play at Aurora which has recently been redone
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 01:05 PM

How much does that course cost to play these days, Neil?
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 01:33 PM

https://www.auroraanguilla.com/golf/tee-times

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 03:43 PM

Boy, that would be one expensive day!
Posted By: pat

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 04:21 PM

And then, Carol, add on lunch, transpo from SXM to AXA, food and drinks, taxis and departure fees. Yikes! A very expensive golf day - sort of like going for lunch from SXM to Scilly Cay on AXA.

Re: Golf? - 06/23/2023 04:47 PM

Pat--years ago, we used to play golf. Eric was pretty good, but I was always TERRIBLE at it. I finally decided that I had enough stress in my life already, without paying to inflict MORE stress, by golfing, so I gave it up! grin
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Golf? - 06/25/2023 07:06 AM

IMHO, save your money!!! I've played most of the major Caribbean islands. This is a cow pasture!!! If you want to spend money and have a GREAT time Aurora Anguilla resort golf packages! Gorgeous! https://www.auroraanguilla.com/offers/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline