TravelTalkOnline

Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 01:21 PM

Daily Herald link

Wish they would add back the Ft Lauderdale flights, as that certainly helped keep AA prices under control.
Posted By: pat

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 01:25 PM

Carol,
Aren’t AA and JB somehow intertwined with each other? Or was that just a rumor and I fell for it? If true it probably wouldn’t be in their best interest to do so if they are somehow intertwined. Heaven forbid they did something for the passengers over their own financial gains………

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 01:39 PM

They have some kind of a joint marketing agreement, yes. Initially, you were supposed to be able to book tickets for each airline on the other airline's website, including using points or miles from the other airline, but I don't think that ever actually happened. I personally have some Jet Blue miles that I would love to use on AA.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 02:12 PM

I wanted to transfer AA miles to Jetblue,
but it didn't happen. I don't even understand what the reason was, only that it
wasn't an option.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 02:24 PM

You can book Jet Blue flights on American Airlines’ website. You then have to go to Jet Blue’s website to select seats. We did it last month, but ended up rebooking to all AA flights. Booked all with points.

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 02:32 PM

jomarc--can you book an AA flight using Jet Blue points??
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 03:48 PM

I don’t know. We booked JetBlue flights using AA miles on AA website.

I would think it would be reciprocal? We don’t have any JetBlue points so I can’t test it on JetBlue website.

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 04:16 PM

OK, I ask because a while ago I tried to do it, and couldn't.

I probably am stupid or something, but I went to both Jet Blue's website and AA's website and couldn't figure out how to use Jet Blue miles to book an AA flight. Anyone know how to do that?
Posted By: timnboston

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 06:04 PM

If I understood the article that I read correctly, JB and American had an "alliance "- but the FAA stepped since the result of the alliance seemed to be fewer flights at higher prices - at last out of Boston
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 07:32 PM

The alliance has to be spun down within 21 days of the final judgment being entered, but it has not been entered yet. To book AA flights with JetBlue points you have to do it through the JetBlue site. And only certain AA flights that are part of the alliance can be booked that way, not all AA flights.

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 07:49 PM

eightzerobits--can you book Miami to SXM on AA, on the Jet Blue site? When I tried to put in "Miami to SXM" on Jet Blue, nothing comes up.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 07:56 PM

Wasn’t the AA/JetBlue alliance limited to flights in the northeast? I don’t think your going to find anything for MIA-SXM.

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 08:04 PM

Bahston--jomarc did it the other way around--booked Jet Blue on AA.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Jet Blue increasing service from JFK and Boston - 06/26/2023 11:53 PM

AA put their flight numbers on more JetBlue flights than vice versa. So there would be more JetBlue routes available to book on the AA site.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline