TravelTalkOnline

Entertainment?

Posted By: Phyllis

Entertainment? - 07/07/2023 03:43 PM

Hi, all - coming to island shortly. I seem to recall a post about a jazz brunch on Sunday - was it Cupecoy? Also interested in other jazz/music entertainment if possible. Is the site of the old Cheri's up and running yet?

Any other suggestions are most welcome - thank you!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Entertainment? - 07/07/2023 04:29 PM

There is jazz at Puerto Cupecoy on Sunday at the Rendezvous Lounge, yes. Starts around 1 PM. The former Cheri's has two restaurants open, an Italian restaurant and an Asian one.
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Entertainment? - 07/07/2023 05:32 PM

If they do it in low season check out Thursday night Jazz at the Bamboo House. It's an experience.

https://bamboohouse-sxm.com/events-new/weekly-events/gatsby-night-every-thursday/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Entertainment? - 07/07/2023 06:15 PM

Karakter used to have jazz nights. I assume they still do. DON'T go there on Sunday though, unless you like hip-hop/techno cr*p..

Re: Entertainment? - 07/08/2023 02:18 PM

Thank you, everyone!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Entertainment? - 07/09/2023 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jim_Laraine
If they do it in low season check out Thursday night Jazz at the Bamboo House. It's an experience.

https://bamboohouse-sxm.com/events-new/weekly-events/gatsby-night-every-thursday/

It's down to once a month in low season. I missed it in June but am going there this next Thursday on my last night on the island. It's a splendid night!

Re: Entertainment? - 07/10/2023 03:07 PM

Do you happen to know what time the Thursday night Jazz is at Bamboo House? And if you want to eat there, is there a particular time to go, to be assured enjoying a meal and then taking in the show?
Thank you!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Entertainment? - 07/10/2023 05:54 PM

I received this info in the email confirming our reservation:

IMPORTANT DINING INFORMATION
We have a 15 minute grace period. Please call us if you are running later than 15 minutes after your reservation time.
We may contact you about this reservation, so please ensure your email and phone number are up to date.
Your table will be reserved for 1 hour 30 minutes for parties of up to 2; 2 hours for parties of up to 4; 2 hours 30 minutes for parties of up to 6; and 3 hours for parties of 7+.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
We have indoor & outdoor dining. Some of our outdoor seating (with the best views) isn't weather protected. We will accommodate you the best we can should it rain during your meal. We cannot guarantee you a replacement table. We have parking in the Carrefour parking lot with a complimentary shuttle starting at 6pm, or valet parking in front of our restaurant entrance for $10.

I don't recall if the music starts at 8:00 or 8:30. I have never been thrown out and have stayed longer than the allotted time. It's a fine line between catching the sunset and listening to the music. Your best bet is to call or email them; info on their website.

LINK to Bamboo House
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline