TravelTalkOnline

JW Marriott

Posted By: 320sycamore

JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 02:47 AM

My apologies if this has been raised before but during the summer months I don't seem to look at TTOL as often. So the question is what is the newest on the JW Marriott? Went to the pleasant beach bar in April while the construction was ongoing in earnest, also years ago loved the Orlando JW Marriott. Could not find any information online about on the JW Marriott site so asking now - is it going to open in November and are things progressing as planned - such a beautiful part of the island.
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 03:08 AM

Go back about 3 pages and there is a thread on it.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 01:03 PM

Hi. Are you talking about the former Westin, or the proposed one in Nettle Bay?

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 02:40 PM

I was referring to the former Westin

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 05:45 PM

I think TravelHat was referring to this thread, which was actually about the Nettle Bay project.

Link

I guess the Westin project is still supposed to happen, but no new info on that, as far as I know.

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 05:51 PM

Thank you - back in April it looked like a lot of progress was being made and the linked DH article bears it out.

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 05:59 PM

That article was from August 2022, which is a long time ago. I would think there should be some more recent 'official' news.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: JW Marriott - 07/23/2023 07:29 PM

I don't think there is. "Insiders" talking with us in recent weeks are absolutely convinced that the announced opening date of November this year will never happen, and they don't even want to guess when there might be a sense of urgency. It will be a JWMarriott, smaller in numbers of rooms and more upscale. Irritating that they don't move much faster.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline