TravelTalkOnline

Provisioning in Marigot

Posted By: BSer

Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 02:54 PM

I was wondering what are the best options for provisioning in Marigot. We are planning a bareboat charter there, and like to order online and have most of the order delivered, if possible. But we also would do some in store shopping if that is preferable. Anyone have any (post-Irma) suggestions? I have the Carrefour website so far.

Much appreciated,

BSer
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 03:44 PM

In Marigot proper there is Super U. Also a Super U closer to Orient Beach. I honestly don't know if they have an online provisioning service or not. Cost U Less in Phillipsburg has stuff you can buy in bulk. Again, no idea if they have online provisioning or not. You also have Prime Cash and Carry, again in Phillipsburg.

Best wishes!
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 04:12 PM

If it is for groceries and food, etc. I would also suggest the Super U in Marigot would be the best option. certainly the closest good sized grocery store.
There are certainly other options if you have a vehicle and want to drive outside of the Marigot area

Drphilsxm

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 04:38 PM

Thank you both.

Cheers,

BSer
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 06:25 PM

Shop and Drop Grocery SXM also does provisioning.

LINK to Shop and Drop

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 10:10 PM

Thank you for the link, jazzgal!

If anyone cares to share their opinions on the quality of the produce, meats, etc. of the available options, please do.

Thanks all,

BSer

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 10:39 PM

I have always been pleased with what Shop and Drop has delivered to me.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/15/2023 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal
I have always been pleased with what Shop and Drop has delivered to me.

Us too, great service

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 12:26 AM

BSer--When you are talking provisioning, the extra costs for someone else picking things can really add up. Groceries in SXM are really not that much more than in the US. If it were me, I'd go in person to Super U for meats and produce and check with someone like Cash and Carry or Cost U Less for stuff like bulk liquor, beer, water, etc..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 01:24 AM

When we bare boated in the BVI we just went and picked up what we needed at the local store. SXM has plenty to choose from through Carefore, Cost you less and others mentioned. No need to have a service do it for you at the added cost. We found great prices at the new Lucky store for booze and grocery products.

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 09:35 AM

Sometimes people prefer to pay for a service rather than do it themselves.
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 12:12 PM

Can you tell me where the new Lucky store is?? I haven't heard of it. Thank You.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 01:24 PM

Opposite the Stadium by the Hospital .

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 04:34 PM

Very helpful info, thank you everyone.

One reason we like the online shopping/delivery option is that certain crew members take forever in the store wandering around and looking for shiny things, so to speak. Hahaha

Also it was nice to come to the boat and have the galley stocked, with beer already cold when we arrived. But it actually didn't happen that way last time...

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 04:43 PM

Also look into who the company you're using suggests.

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 04:53 PM

BSer--Hah! I would probably be one of those people wandering around, looking for shiny things! laugh I actually love food shopping on SXM!!

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 07:02 PM

I usually go grocery shopping hungry. Bad thing to do. LOL
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/16/2023 07:47 PM

Me too. 😂😂

Drphilsxm
Posted By: pony600

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/17/2023 04:00 PM

Try firstmatesolutions.com

Re: Provisioning in Marigot - 08/19/2023 02:47 PM

Moorings apparently has their own provisioning service. The links I collected from this thread look pretty good. We will probably do a combination of online and in person.

Thanks everyone!

BSer
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline