TravelTalkOnline

ballpark costs to sail from anu to sxm

Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

ballpark costs to sail from anu to sxm - 08/19/2023 05:34 AM

Greetings,

My friend offered a berth to sail from anu to sxm. The trip will be up to a week.

Whats a good $budget to expect? Whats reasonable to offer the captain$.

I will be provisioning.

Its two of us on a 34 foot sail boat with me only one way.

Please provide your breakdown$/ feedback and any other insight you may have. I have no idea what the convention may be.

Carib cheers
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: ballpark costs to sail from anu to sxm - 08/19/2023 05:48 PM

I've done the SXM to ANU and back passage more times than I can remember. The actual sailing portion is only 100 miles and has never taken 24 hours. So your trip will have to include stops or anchorages - perhaps St. Barths or St. Kitts/Nevis on the way. With that size boat, I'm assuming that the captain wants/needs a crewmember for watches so I'd just share costs for provisioning and clearing in. And clearing into French St. Martin is 5 Euro.
Posted By: CrazyCanuxx

Re: ballpark costs to sail from anu to sxm - 08/21/2023 04:15 AM

Thanks for your insight, Zanshin. As this is a multi island sail, I wasnt sure if there were additional conventions.

And yes, we will be mooring at a few islands along the way...may the prevailing wind and many other unknowns fill our sails.
Posted By: DRich

Re: ballpark costs to sail from anu to sxm - 08/21/2023 08:07 PM

When I did a week charter ours had both a captain and a chef. I would just compare the cost with other companies and pay a subset of that.

The one I used was https://www.moorings.com/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline