TravelTalkOnline

Sky's the Limit Lolo

Posted By: mahokid

Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/25/2023 10:50 PM

Total clouds today so we decided on lolo food for lunch
before venturing over to Gran case we stopped by Orange Fever to say hello the Luke and Florence (La Villa) who just returned from vacation
I was surprised to hear their son was 19 years and entering his second year of college, I remember when he was only a few years old
I guess we have been coming to the island longer than I can remember

we have been loyal to Sky's the Limit ever since going to their end of the season parties starting many years ago
we started off with the special Sky the Limit's punch and was surprised it was only alcohol with no fruit juice,
I enjoyed it but it was too strong for my wife
For a second round we ordered the normal ti-punch

Starters were just fried Johnny cakes, stuffed christophe (eggplant) and stuffed conch which had a similar texture

Wife had chicken & ribs combo while I had a fresh fried whole red snapper
Don't need any fancy sauce when the fish is fresh

As usual it was hot so we ate as much as we could before packing up for take away

Service was prompt and friendly, nice not to have to wait

word is the lolo's will be closing for a new rebuild and the normal enter to get a space with the government

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/25/2023 10:55 PM

photos added

Attached picture Sky limit christophe.jpg
Attached picture Sky limit chicken ribs.jpg
Attached picture sky limit johnny cake.jpg
Attached picture sky limit stuffed conch.jpg
Attached picture Sky Limit sides.jpg
Attached picture SKy Limit snapper 2.jpg
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/25/2023 11:04 PM

Do you have the date of closing?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/25/2023 11:22 PM

Can't beat the LoLo's for good food at dirt prices.

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/26/2023 02:13 AM

No closing date but Sky's the limit usually closes up the end of August

the permanent closing may be a government thing
Posted By: pburke40

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/29/2023 11:51 AM

I thought the Lolos that are being demolished and then rebuilt are in Marigot along the water, not the ones in Grand Case. Is it both places?

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/29/2023 11:57 AM

I am assuming what the demolishing in Marigot is the old restaurants that they may be considering lolo's since they all have been relocated into containers

Sad to see mini club torn down, a lot of memories and lobster buffet

The lolo's in Gran Case are closing at end of month to the best of my knowledge from a lolo server and being rebuilt by government
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/29/2023 06:32 PM

If the Grand Case lolos are closing that would NOT be a good thing at all. Screw the "rebuilding by the Government"...they are a thing and changing that "thing" would be detrimental. We do NOT need new restaurants....we need the Island vibe of the old ones
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/29/2023 06:36 PM

True that. When ever government gets involved there are no guarantees it'll turn out well.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Sky's the Limit Lolo - 08/30/2023 01:20 AM

it is the grand case lolos being demolished and rebuilt. just hoping the ''collective'' doesn't screw over the owners of the lolos like they did with the orient restaurant owners. Of course, they will be out of work for however long it takes to rebuild, and we all know about ''island time''....but dealing with the French government makes it even worse. We all have seen how fast the government works with cleanup of Irma, and the ''rebuilding'' twice the Orient Beach area.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline