TravelTalkOnline

Sad news at Sonesta

Posted By: mahokid

Sad news at Sonesta - 09/01/2023 09:44 PM

Yesterday a 5 year old little girl drowned in the Sonesta pool, we heard the sirens around lunch time

apparently the bottom of the pool is a dark color and the child was not easily visible
the father did not speak English which lead to a delay in searching and understanding the situation

A honeymoon couple who was to be in Hawaii on is staying at Royal Islander
they purchased a day pass and the bride who is a therapist and just recently recertified in CPR administered CPR along with others
we were told the Sonesta staff had no protocol for such an emergency
our understanding is that the child had a pulse but passed later at the hospital

She had a hard time afterwards and sleeping last night

An unfortunate start of a marriage although she is doing better today

When we were staying in Orient we watched a mother leave her young child at the pool while she returned to her condo and my wife commented to me how the mother was not watching her child
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sad news at Sonesta - 09/01/2023 09:55 PM

mahokid--What a sad story. But I am having a bit of a problem understanding your post. The honeymoon couple are the parents of the child who sadly passed away?
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Sad news at Sonesta - 09/01/2023 10:12 PM

Apologies as they are on their honeymoon with no children and was "visiting" the Sonesta on a day pass and where at the pool when the accident happened to someone else's child
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Sad news at Sonesta - 09/01/2023 10:14 PM

Oh my, how terribly awful and sad for all involved... Prayers out for everyone.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Sad news at Sonesta - 09/01/2023 10:16 PM

Yes was very shocking and sad , prayers for the Family.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Sad news at Sonesta - 09/02/2023 11:35 AM

Horrible. RIP.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Sad news at Sonesta - 09/02/2023 12:18 PM

Prayers for the family. Such a tragedy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline