TravelTalkOnline

Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch

Posted By: mahokid

Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/02/2023 09:51 PM

Not in the mood for leftovers lunch, we walked past Tortuga to the boat bar as we call it and remembered it in its simple years when the lady would take awhile to prepare the pizzas to order

Never get tried over watching the big ones come in but no 4 engines planes, Still Air France is impressive and seems to fly lower than some of the other bigger jets maybe for a quicker landing and more runway

Service is always pleasant and the drinks are very well prepared with the frozen mango mojito tied for the best of two weeks
The driftwood rum punch is well balanced and has plenty of alcohol in a good way

After having great pizza the night before, the pizza here seems to be on a cardboard crust although the toppings helped a bit
And after having a shawarma at Little Jerusalem there is no comparison

Still it is a nice place to hang with friendly locals and tourists and have a great cocktail

The whole red snapper I saw on the way out did look like a better choice

Attached picture driftwood cocktails.jpg
Attached picture Driftwood plane.jpg
Attached picture Driftwood Pizza.jpg
Attached picture Driftwood chicken schwarma.jpg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/02/2023 10:14 PM

Probably one of those premade frozen crusts that I dislike. If so it's a shame they went to that. I remember how good the BBB pizza crusts used to be then went to the cardboard like crusts. Never the same as before.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/03/2023 01:11 AM

We had a pizza there a couple of years ago, on our first night on island. The view and ambiance was great. The pizza, not so much.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/03/2023 09:16 AM

Kind of depends on who is making the pizza. Anthony used to be great but he’s no longer there I believe. They use their own dough. The drinks are always good there. And the ambiance is unique.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/03/2023 12:09 PM

We always have either the ribs or wings and both are quite tasty.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/03/2023 02:01 PM

The ribs at Driftwood are very very good...and very inexpensive. Funny thing for lunch at Driftwood too, is that they make one of the best tuna salad sandwiches i have ever had!!! Was told about it by a few people, and when i finally ordered it...it was absolutely delicious!!!! Add in a couple of drinks there, and wow. smile
Posted By: Todd

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/03/2023 03:01 PM

While staying at Royal Islander we decided to try their pizza because of positive reviews, it was not good. Then out of laziness and being tired one evening tried it again, still not good. We still stop in for cocktails, but have not considered any of the other food items although we might try the tuna salad sandwich now. Will be at RI in 84 days.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/04/2023 01:01 AM

Todd....ordered pizza a couple of times....not my cup of tea. but the other stuff...yummy!!!!
Posted By: lucca44

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/04/2023 11:19 AM

had their calamari last year---excellent --duked the cook 20 bongo buddies in appreciation --thats how good it was

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/04/2023 03:07 PM

What's a "bongo buddies"?

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/05/2023 01:28 AM

coin of the realm-- sheckles---semolians--sawbucks --etc etc

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/05/2023 02:20 AM

Ok. Why not just say money?

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/05/2023 10:10 AM

ok money ---happy now ?
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/05/2023 11:14 AM

Driftwood is one of those places where the drinks are always good/cold and hardy and the food is top notch "bar" food. We are not talking 4-5 stars. But good comfort food!!! IMHO, the rum punch is the BEST on the island!! Not to start a fire storm about that , just my opinion!!

Attached picture Driftwood post Fiona 22.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/05/2023 12:55 PM

OK, let's not get in an uproar folks. Lucca--I did not know what 'bongo bucks' was either. Guess I learned something today.

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/05/2023 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by lucca44
ok money ---happy now ?

handshake

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/06/2023 02:11 AM

roger that
Posted By: fabila

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/07/2023 03:25 PM

Its one of our favorites places for casual bites and love the choice of music at night.

I think the pizza with a pour of infused hot oil use to be better. The infused oil was so good but now the oil is not very infused, seems to be an afterthought?? We mostly go for the frozen cocktails and rum punches and vibe. We do like the chicken satay and I'm a fan of their grilled shrimp with Caesar salad. You get a large portion of salad with more than enough nice big grilled shrimp for a meal.

If you're a fan of 70s/80s disco they play some good tunes.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Driftwood Boat Bar Lunch - 09/07/2023 08:09 PM

We stick to bottled beer and no food while there, the facilities and wash up areas. leave a lot to be desired
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline