Posted By: SXMScubaman

Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/15/2023 01:54 PM

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...GtJsDefg-yXw7Ipg15pfRhxMu5fvsWGaxw_L07-4
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/15/2023 02:55 PM

Good for the police.
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/17/2023 11:09 PM

I would suggest that the motorcyclists that operate their cycles between two lanes of traffic, regardless of speed, be cited and fined and have their cycle impounded for a period of 90 days and for a second offense have their cycle confiscated and forfeited to the state. This would lessen the stress levels of drivers in St. Maarten/St, Martin and save lives.

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/18/2023 12:23 AM

I believe it is legal to pass between the lanes on St Maarten.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/18/2023 09:51 AM

That's my understanding as well.
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/18/2023 07:06 PM

The law should be changed to make it illegal. Too many people have died. This type of motorcycle maneuvering seems to have increased dramatically over the last ten years...

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/18/2023 07:49 PM

Lots of things need to be changed but good luck on that.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/19/2023 10:23 AM

Did anyone take a look at that gun??? O M G!!! I wouldn't shoot that thing if you paid me!! That looked like it had not been cleaned or services in years!!! Chances are that this moron tried to pull the trigger, the damn thing would backfire in his face!!! I am very glad the Dutch police are matching the efforts of the Gendemare!!! These outlaw guys and gals will need to find another way to make money and not sticking up locals and tourist! It's not good for the island!!!
Posted By: OrientBeach_jimbeach

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/23/2023 01:02 AM

I am a Harley rider and the term to pass between lanes is "Lane Splitting" and I think it is legal in California, not in Florida. I also would not do it even if it is legal. The gun is an older model since the spring is exposed. The P90 on the lower part of the grip is normally associated with a Ruger 45 cal. but it is not a Ruger, and I also got my Glock Model 43 X and held it up to the internet picture and it is not a Glock. The gun is foreign to me and used to sell guns legally in North Carolina with an FFL. I also agree this is not good for the island, I visit yearly and do not venture out at night after 8:00.
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/23/2023 04:25 AM

the pistol looks field stripped but not completely reassembled
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Another gun toting scooter driver - 09/23/2023 03:28 PM

Great job by the police! As far as the identification of the pistol, it is a P80 subcompact frame. As for the upper not sure, could be from and number of pistols, but in its current configuration shown in the picture this pistol can not be fired with that particular upper on it. As far as the P80 series of frames these can be ordered in kits without uppers and shipped just about anywhere in the world, then you can order the upper separately from any manufacturer as long as you are within the specifications of the frame. This pistol shown in the photograph is not a Glock.
Just thought i pass that info along.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline