TravelTalkOnline

Hot September

Posted By: eilandmens

Hot September - 09/16/2023 10:14 PM

Arrived in SXM via United out of Newark NJ. In the pre Irma and Covid, United have 3 nonstop flights per week in low season. Now only one on Saturday. We arrived 10 minutes early after someone got on flight thinking it was Turks and Caicos. ( the gates were next to each other). Flight after that was perfect except for landing. I have landed on planes to SXM hundreds of times. The pilot came down too far from fence. Had about 200 yards before Simpson bay lagoon. After that all good - fast though immigration. Wait 10 mins. For bags off to car! Hot and humid in September. Only here on business. Still a great place. Pick up some stuff at Garden Market ( Carol’s Fave) going to the gourmet stop BBB. For a quick burger and some music.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 12:36 AM

"only here on business"? Sounds like a good gig! enjoy!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 06:19 AM

How were they allowed to board on wrong flight. duh

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 12:20 PM

Yes, I don't understand that it either. You would think that when they scanned their boarding pass, that some alarm would go off or something.
Posted By: Peter & Christine

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 02:21 PM

One time we landed in Portland Maine, and a lady thought she boarded a flight to Portland Oregon. Close LOL
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Yes, I don't understand that it either. You would think that when they scanned their boarding pass, that some alarm would go off or something.

Many, many years ago we boarded out AA flight in DFW at something like Gate 38A. Gate 38B had a separate check-in desk but boarded on the same jetway. One flight went left the other went right. I think the FA was joking when she said I hope you're going to SJC because that's where we're going. One passenger jumped up and said he was on the wrong flight, but it was too late. He wanted to go to MIA.

Using the common jetway to board two flights leaving close apart was the contributing factor here.
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 03:49 PM

Yep that is what happened one gate two jet ways.

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 05:34 PM

I've actually never seen that. You would think they should have someone standing there at the door, to make sure everyone goes the right way.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I've actually never seen that. You would think they should have someone standing there at the door, to make sure everyone goes the right way.

Yes. In a perfect world.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Hot September - 09/17/2023 08:17 PM

That sounds like a REALLY lame way to board two aircraft
Posted By: lcote

Re: Hot September - 09/18/2023 12:35 PM

We had that when we were in Montreal flying to Austria. Two flights boarded through the same gate area. One going to Cuba and one going to Austria. It was a nightmare and incredibly DUMB!
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Hot September - 09/18/2023 01:41 PM

Reminds me of the rooftop sign you see on final approach into Milwaukee.."Welcome to Cleveland."
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline