TravelTalkOnline

Power converter on Amazon for French side

Posted By: Britt Husman

Power converter on Amazon for French side - 10/19/2023 06:19 PM

We're staying in an airbnb in Orient Village after Thanksgiving. From what I read in other threads, I will need a power converter to be able to charge my small electronics that don't have switchable power supplies. Can someone recommend one from Amazon that might do the job? It will only be used to run phone chargers, camera battery charges and maybe a tiny fan.

Thanks!
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Power converter on Amazon for French side - 10/19/2023 11:18 PM

Phone and camera battery chargers should not need a converter as most can handle 110 - 240 volts input. Look on the charger and it will tell you, you will need a Euro to USA plug adapter though
Posted By: CdnCouple

Re: Power converter on Amazon for French side - 10/19/2023 11:29 PM

I realize this is on Amazon.ca but I’m sure you’ll find it on Amazon.com. This works well for us for SMALL appliances (like electric toothbrush). A hair dryer would fry this since it’s only rated for 70 watts.

LINK

Voltage Converter, Step-Up&Down Voltage Converter Transformer 70W 110V/120V to 220V/240V 55-60HZ

You would need the two prong adaptor as well to plug it into the French socket.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Power converter on Amazon for French side - 10/19/2023 11:57 PM

All you need is the plug adapter. You can get a 5 pack for about 7 dollars. Everything built in the last 15 years will handle 110 and 240.
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Power converter on Amazon for French side - 10/23/2023 08:33 PM

The fan will likely need a voltage converter, check on the fan itself, it will tell you what it can use in terms of volts and Hz. Anything with an electric motor - like a fan or hair dryer, may only work on a speficied voltage and hertz.

As others have posted, most chargers will accept any voltage between 110 and 240 and either 50 or 60 hz, and so for those you only need a plug adaptor, but do check the charger to see what it says about input voltage ( you may need a magnifying glass ) I have a few that are 120 volt only.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline