TravelTalkOnline

New underwater museum opening

Posted By: Carol_Hill

New underwater museum opening - 11/01/2023 01:28 PM

Link

I don't know much about this kind of stuff, but it seems to be it would be neat to begin with, but soon would get overgrown and the figures would not be very recognizable? Interested in feedback from folks who snorkel or scuba.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: New underwater museum opening - 11/01/2023 03:03 PM

Could be interesting to see for shallow divers or snorkelers.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: New underwater museum opening - 11/01/2023 03:11 PM

Is this the same as the previous discussion?

UNDERWATER PARK
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: New underwater museum opening - 11/01/2023 03:19 PM

We went to a similar type of underwater park in Dominica, it was a great experience to see all these figurines under water. It will probably bring more traffic to Little Divi area.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New underwater museum opening - 11/01/2023 04:12 PM

JD--It sounds like the same place, although that picture doesn't seem like it could be there, as the picture in the article today, the statues hadn't even been placed yet, as far as I understand.

CaribbeanCanadians--OK, thanks.
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: New underwater museum opening - 11/02/2023 12:19 AM

It reminds of Phil Foster memorial park between Palm Beach Shores and Riviera beach Florida. They have a scuba and snorkel trail with around 20 manufactured reefs and many mounds of boulders along with some sculptures and sunken boats. Over time coral has attached to the structures. There are usually more scuba divers then people snorkeling. If is my favorite place to snorkel better than John Pennycamp (sp) in the keys IMHO.
Bob
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline