TravelTalkOnline

Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach

Posted By: Wahnfried

Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 11:19 AM

Sorry for all of the "first timer" questions, but how does the chair rental work at the Club O beach? Does an umbrella come with the chair? Drinks?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 12:43 PM

I actually don't know what the cost would be for one chair and an umbrella. They normally do 2 chairs and an umbrella.
Probably $15 for one chair and an umbrella. Depending on the season, they do a week pass which is cheaper, but since you're going in March, may not be available then. No drink service at the chairs. You have the Perch bar there, for walk up service. Or, most people bring a small cooler with drinks and possibly some food, which it totally allowed on Club O beach. Much more economical.
Posted By: SirRichard

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 04:17 PM

We were there in February and they charged us $25 for a couple (two chairs and an umbrella)

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 04:33 PM

Chair rental does kind of go up and down, depending on the season, but he says he's going in March, so price should be probably $15-20 for one chair.

BTW, Wahfried, if you don't know the procedure, just go find a chair that isn't occupied, by either a person or a towel, and plop down. The chair guys will come around eventually to collect. It may be an hour or two, but don't worry, they will come eventually. Make sure you have cash (US dollars is fine), as they do not take credit cards, I don't think. Never tried to pay with a card at the Perch either, but perhaps they take cards? I have no idea.

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 04:45 PM

Thanks Carol. Really helpful.

Does a chair come with an umbrella, or what is the usual setup like on the beach.

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 04:47 PM

I don't understand the question, they rent chairs and umbrellas, yes. I guess you could rent one without the other, although most people rent both.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 05:11 PM

At Mullet this last May we needed 3 chairs and 1 umbrella. They charged 25 for 2 loungers and 1 umbrella and 10 for the extra lounger. Didn't charge for 2nd umbrella that was requested later on which I assume would have been 5 more.
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 07:56 PM

Hello Wahnfried -

Although I haven't seen your other questions, I appears that you'll be on the island as a single person. I travelled to SXM as a single male in February 2023. Rather than rent from the beach chair vendors, I rented a single chair, umbrella and cooler from Craig, the owner of Pack Light.

Via email in advance, we made arrangements to meet (we met at McDonalds Simpson Bay).

Would I do it again? HECK YES! I had more flexibility, and paid less money (I think it was $40 for all three items). I saved money on drinks, too!

The cooler was a hard-side Igloo cooler. The kind where the top tilts to the side. Perfect size.

The only downside is you'll have to schlep that stuff to any beach you visit. For me, a small price to pay. For some, that's a significant inconvenience that they won't want to deal with.

Johnny Thinwallet doesn't mind at all...
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 09:47 PM

The going rate is $25 for two chairs with an umbrella. We met a single traveling lady that rented daily and paid 15 for a chair and umbrella.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/02/2023 09:49 PM

Makes sense. 10 for the lounger and 5 for umbrella.

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/03/2023 07:52 PM

Bill:

This is good advice too. I'll look into that option. I'll have a car and will assess the schlepage when I get there wink

Give Boomhauer my regards.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/03/2023 08:49 PM

Wahnfried...when assesing the schelpage...don't forget shlepping the chair and umbrella back and forth every day to where you are staying too. NEVER leave any items in the trunk of your car on SXM, since the chances of them still being there after a few hours will be slim to none!!!
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/03/2023 11:34 PM

In September a number of people brought their own chairs and they seemed to just rent umbrellas (Blue ones) from Cedric. Not sure what he charged, probably $5 or 10.
Posted By: Sunfun

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/05/2023 12:29 PM

I keep seeing this on this forum and while there are certainly plenty of crooks on sxm this is largely a myth. If it was true there wouldn’t be a single car on the island without a broken trunk lock. Still, better safe than sorry.

Re: Chair/Umbrella Rental at Club Orient Beach - 11/05/2023 01:13 PM

Sunfun--you only have to have it happen to you once, to make you know better.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline