TravelTalkOnline

Last Full day - Nov 4

Posted By: fabila

Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 02:49 AM

Saturday – We’ve come to our last day full day to enjoy on the island. This is our longest trip to date at 16 days although Sunday is travel day so 15 full days. Our arrival was midmorning so we had a full day except that we had to hunker down at the Travelers Inn for two nights. So much for getting a full day on the island to enjoy.

Spent today at LaPlaya. For us we think it’s the nicest beachfront on Orient. Large area with many different places to enjoy a drink or a meal on the beach or in one of two dining patios. I drank a cappuccino on the beach chair then before lunch we had cocktails sitting further back on very comfortable wicker chairs/couch with cushions and umbrella’s. They also have bean bag type chairs throughout the back end of beach. Several shaded independent wood structures for 4 to 6 diners.

Their sushi is outstanding with specialty rolls generous with multiple slices. Two specialty rolls plus Nigri tuna and mahi-mahi were served on a huge wooden Lazy Susan. Decided to splurge on a lemon tiramisu which was very tasty but too much for one person.

Drinks at Yacht Club before returning to Villa to shower and get ready for dinner. Our last night was spent at Roma/Mr. Chow in Maho. David wanted gnocchi and I wanted Pad Thai. We sat at a high top where we had a nice conversation with Marco who manages both restaurants. Since this was our 4th time at the restaurants the wait staff also stopped by for a chat.

I added shrimp to the Pad Thai, it was good as was the Chicken Nem appetizer. David ordered the gnocchi with a gorgonzola cream sauce & walnuts. David asked for no walnuts. Both restaurants were occupied with a lot of diners.

I had hoped for more good dining options in the Maho area as I’m sure others have too. With the new oasis area we have just that. Not only is the food, ambience and service good but it’s so convenient not to have to deal with traffic most days heading back down Airport road. Both restaurants offer Valet parking after 6:30 pm.

We hope to return next Spring for a week then our normal 2 week vacation in the Fall.

[i]Looking forward to reading all future reports, tidbits and such from TTOLers until we can get back and experience the vacation ourselves.

Description: Shrimp pad thai
Attached picture IMG_5198.jpeg

Description: Gorgonzola cream gnocchi
Attached picture IMG_5202.jpeg

Description: Sushi
Attached picture IMG_5188.jpeg

Description: Lemon tiramisu
Attached picture IMG_5191.jpeg
Posted By: SusanD

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 03:41 AM

Hey Louise!
Sorry that you are leaving. We are arriving on Monday and we were hoping to run into you and David. I private messaged you last week not sure if you got it. Safe travels home.
Susan D
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 03:49 AM

Your days certainly went by fast! Doesn't feel as though you've been there long enough to leave. I've enjoyed all your reports - thank you. Safe travels home to you and David.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 09:07 AM

So you can order off the Mr Chow menu and the Roma menu at the same table?
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 10:35 AM

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip reports and viewing your beautiful pictures. Time certainly flies by so quickly when you’re having fun!

Wishing you and David an uneventful trip back home.
Posted By: pat

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 11:07 AM

Just in case we miss you, but I hope not, safe travels home my friends. It was all good and David, thank you again for your help. 🙂🙂
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 11:47 AM

The sushi looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing your reports.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 12:38 PM

Safe travels home today!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 01:12 PM

Thanks for all your wonderful reports! Safe travels home!

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 01:16 PM

Yes, but ONLY if you eat at the bar (comfortable seats) or at one of the four hi top tables.
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 02:51 PM

Enjoyed your reports and photos, thx for your share! Safe travels home...
Posted By: erb923

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 03:46 PM

Being able to order from both restaurants sounds like a neat idea, hope to check it out!

Thanks for the reports.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/05/2023 06:53 PM

Good to know. The bar and high tables are in the Roma section or Mr Chow?
Posted By: SandS

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/06/2023 12:18 AM

Thank you for all the reports. They were thoroughly enjoyed. I can’t believe your 16 days are over.

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/06/2023 03:48 AM

Roma is behind bar in a more defined area. the hi tops are in front of bar with full view of Mr Chow. The restaurants both are open areas with same design. You could walk into entrance that says Roma and walk thru to Mr Chow and same with Mr Chow. I have video but can’t upload here.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Last Full day - Nov 4 - 11/07/2023 04:57 AM

Hi Louise, hope you and David had a safe trip home. It was very nice to finally meet you in person after reading all your wonderful trip reports on TTOL Perhaps we’ll see you again during future BSV stays. We’re here until Friday, and I must say that we’re not looking forward to going back to the colder weather.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline