TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report - Day 5

Posted By: Teresasxm

Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/26/2023 05:03 PM

The day began so perfectly then took a nasty roll and tumble.

Pastries from Zee Best on the beach with a cup of coffee started us off. There was a regatta going on in Simpson Bay featuring all the baby boaters that we had watched practice two days previously at the Yacht Club. They were doing great!

Then we packed up our car and headed for a Saturday of airplane watching at Maho. We settled on the beach in front of Tortuga. They had a few chairs and some umbrellas which was perfect because we had planned on lunching at the restaurant. The waves at Maho were high but we had swum in them before and our first dunk in the ocean was perfect.

Then came our burgers. The server put them both on one little plastic table and I kick myself for not asking for two. He had just gone up the stairs when one plate slid, turned upside down and hit the beach. Tortuga fixed it up for us but the waiter was mad. Trying to put it behind us, we ate, rested and decided to swim again. Unfortunately I got munched in the waves, getting dragged back into the water over and over again ending up battered, bruised and embarrassed. My timing getting out, and I have experience, was off by two seconds and I paid for it dearly. But all limbs are still attached this morning and the only thing bent and broken is my pride.

No pictures of that escapade to share! LOL

Attached picture IMG_2766.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2759.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2762.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2804.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_2809.jpeg
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/26/2023 05:12 PM

Glad you are ok. The waves can be relentless at times.
Posted By: pat

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/26/2023 05:40 PM

Teresa,
Glad your experience wasn’t any worse than you’ve described, which in itself was bad enough. It can and does happen when you’re least expecting it
Enjoying your daily experiences so please do keep them coming.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/26/2023 07:32 PM

Sorry to hear of your battered body in those waves. No way would I get in the water when it is rough. You are lucky you did not get hurt worse as I have heard of broken ankles when trying to get out of the water there. Please be careful for the remainder of your trip!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/26/2023 08:41 PM

Yes, be very careful---you don't always win with the waves!

Why was the waiter mad if all was taken care of? Just curious....
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/26/2023 09:13 PM

Sorry to hear of your injury. My wife hurt herself really bad at Mullet Bay. A huge wave came in and t-boned her, she had a bruise the size of a football. It still bothers her today and that was back in 2014. We both stay out when the water's rough.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/27/2023 01:28 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope tomorrow is a better day!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Trip Report - Day 5 - 11/27/2023 02:10 AM

Sorry to hear about your swimming incident. I’m glad you are ok
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline