TravelTalkOnline

Our first week

Posted By: GaKaye

Our first week - 12/02/2023 11:44 AM

We arrived last Sunday; I've already posted about our airport arrival, so won't repeat that. Our trip down wasn't without drama, from my TSA Precheck disappearing before security in Raleigh, to a low tire on the plane in Charlotte, which required us to deplane while that was changed. Still, after getting our car, checking in to our unit at La Vista Beach, and meeting Todd and MJ for dinner at Lal's, it was all a distant memory.

We've spent most days at one beach or another: Dinghys, LTC, Friars, and are going to Coco today. Monday was our traditional pool day at Brad and Lora's villa, complete with a catered breakfast. We've reconnected with island friends, both residents and visitors.

Dinner Monday was at The Palms, where I enjoyed my favorite Drunken Ribs, a couple of margaritas, and Jo's delicious espresso martini for dessert. David got Greg's homemade beef stew.

Wednesday night we went to Secret Seafood House. We weren't very hungry after having fish tacos (very good, BTW) at Dinghys, so shared a conch fritters appetizer and a seafood pasta dish. The dish was good, although we didn't get what we ordered. The setting is lovely, and we'll give them another chance.

It's hard to believe we have less than two weeks left!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Our first week - 12/02/2023 01:08 PM

Hope the rest of your trip goes well.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Our first week - 12/02/2023 01:20 PM

Thanks for the report. Tell me about LTC--do they play loud music there? What did you have to eat there?

With regard to Secret Seafood House, sorry, they brought you a different dish than what you ordered? The waiter took down your order wrong?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Our first week - 12/02/2023 01:20 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Our first week - 12/02/2023 02:34 PM

Carol, LTC does play music, but it's not overly loud, and you can sit farther from the speakers

As to dinner, I'm not sure exactly what happened. The pasta was tasty, but only had fish, and not the medley of seafood as the menu described. We weren't sure if it was a bad menu description, a shortage of ingredients, or waiter error. When we got the check, it said salmon linguine, so I think the waiter entered it wrong.

Re: Our first week - 12/02/2023 02:57 PM

Carol, I missed your question about our meal at LTC. Mj and I had a fabulous tuna poke bowl, Todd had a burger that looked excellent, and David had a salad that had smoked duck breast on it. We've never had a bad meal there.

Re: Our first week - 12/02/2023 07:30 PM

OK, Georgia, thanks for the info.

Enjoy!
Posted By: EdB

Re: Our first week - 12/03/2023 03:24 AM

OK.....have to ask. what or where is LTC?

Re: Our first week - 12/03/2023 11:01 AM

LTC is Le Temps de Cerises. It's a boutique hotel, beach bar, and restaurant, in Grand Case. One of our favorites on Grand Case beach.

Re: Our first week - 12/03/2023 01:50 PM

Ed--Yes, sorry, not a really well known place, but you can perhaps see why many people refer to it by initials! grin
Posted By: EdB

Re: Our first week - 12/05/2023 09:26 PM

yep...without a doubt!!! smile smile smile
Posted By: gomer36

Re: Our first week - 12/07/2023 04:14 PM

Great running into you folks along with Todd at the Hole in the Wall! Enjoy your vacation!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline