TravelTalkOnline

Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay

Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 11:40 AM

I visited a friend the other day who owns a two bedroom unit in Fourteen at Mullet Bay. I took a few photos from the 11th floor of the B building.

When you’re this high up, even the golf course looks good.

Drphilsxm

Attached picture IMG_3926.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3954.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3955.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3956.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_3957.jpeg
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 12:03 PM

The island is greener than I've ever seen it. And so many flowers!
Posted By: kim

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 12:27 PM

How windy is it up there?? Met two couples who said it was beautiful but they couldn’t sit on the decks because of the wind - this was October
Posted By: Dr Phil SXM

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 12:39 PM

Kim

It was very windy. It was a windy day, but I would not want to be wearing a hat out there on the balcony. 😂😂

Drphilsxm
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 01:30 PM

Thanks Phil. Nice photos.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 02:08 PM

Thanks for the pictures. I think that place is an eyesore, but what do I know?
Posted By: lcote

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 02:32 PM

I agree Carol. But boy you can get great pictures from it!
Posted By: kim

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 07:28 PM

Yes! 10 stories too tall!!!!
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/06/2023 07:44 PM

Nice to wake up to that everyday. Great pics.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 12:51 PM

You're right, makes me want to bring my sticks...NOT LOL!!! Great shots, thanks for sharing!!
Posted By: pat

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 05:36 PM

Units at 14 are beautiful I’m sure but they could have built further back and somewhat away from the beach and had equally gorgeous photos from those elevations without ruining the beachfront and making it look like any other developed beach. Our idea of a Caribbean island retreat is apparently much different than the developers.

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 06:10 PM

Pat-I think it wouldn't matter where those buildings are on island, they are just too darned tall. I really hope they are built well, because I remember the Cliff had some serious structural issues after Irma. And for the record, I think the Cliff is too tall also... Miami Beach on SXM.. sick

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 06:31 PM

I have always thought nothing, from Rainbow to the Cliff and now including 14 should have been built in that area.
Years ago, I’m talking in the 80s, it was said nothing taller than the original Mullet Bay buildings would be the gauge for what might be built in that area. I guess it was Immediately before an island election season we heard this and we know what happens at election season.
I do know I would be very concerned staying high up in those buildings given the islands fire fighting equipment and the roads leading there. 😧😧

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 06:58 PM

Yes, I agree on all counts. I would have included Rainbow in my previous note, but was thinking at the time that it's not that much taller than Sapphire, which has been there a long time, I think. I was never inside the Towers, but not sure how many floors it has?

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 07:30 PM

The Towers was eight and a half stories, the half being the upstairs rooms of the penthouse floor. The difference IMHO was that it was perched on the edge of the lagoon - or aka Mullet Pond? - and it didn’t interfere with those picturesque cliff views. If you didn’t know it was there you could easily miss it completely, at least from that angle.

I would have included the Sapphire but I couldn’t remember if it was before or after the Rainbow. I also don’t much care for the mall but that’s just me.

Re: Photos from Fourteen at Mullet Bay - 12/07/2023 07:37 PM

OK
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline