TravelTalkOnline

Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working?

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/08/2023 12:51 PM

When I went to the site this morning and started the process to do the free SXM number extension, I got an error message. It basically implied there were not sufficient funds to complete the process. Just wondering if anyone else who does this has experienced it lately?

I have a reloadable Chippie card that I transfer $1 every 2 months, just to be sure as I never 100% trusted the free thing, so I processed the top-up/extend my number with my card.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/08/2023 02:18 PM

Same thing happened to me. I also paid $1 from my chippie card to extend my #. Hope it's only a temporary issue.

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/08/2023 04:41 PM

Not a big deal but rather odd.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/08/2023 06:46 PM

I used the free service a few days ago with no problem. It probably is a temporary thing as it has happened in the past.

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/08/2023 08:20 PM

Thanks, I will try it again in Feb.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/08/2023 09:18 PM

It happens to me every now and then. I either wait a day or two (if I'm doing it far enough ahead of time) or just pay $1.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/09/2023 12:42 AM

Where do you get a chippie SIM card? I tried Carefour on Bush Road but they didn't have them. I have an unlocked iPhone and I wanted to try a chippie SIM card on our last trip.

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/09/2023 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Where do you get a chippie SIM card? I tried Carefour on Bush Road but they didn't have them. I have an unlocked iPhone and I wanted to try a chippie SIM card on our last trip.

No idea now, they may be obsolete. I got mine at the store in Simpson Bay many years ago. The last several years, nobody seems to know much about the cards.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/09/2023 10:57 AM

I got mine from the UTS office in Philipsburg right after Irma.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/09/2023 01:43 PM

I got mine from The Mailbox in Simpson Bay a couple of years ago (the loadable card). When I asked about one, the lady first told me they didn't have them but when she checked her inventory, she found one. So I don't know if they still have them.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Chippie FREE Number Extension Not Working? - 12/09/2023 01:46 PM

I got a sim at the carefour in June this year, maybe they were just out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline