TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report-week two- part two

Posted By: GaKaye

Trip Report-week two- part two - 12/09/2023 01:32 PM

Wednesday, plans had been made with an island resident, to try out a new restaurant that's thinking about opening for dinner. David and I spent the day La Playa, leaving early to get back in time our 6pm reservation. Traffic was awful; we were running late, but Todd said he had to stop by Pav and Lotsan's apartment to check on some work they were having done. Long story short, it was all a ruse to get us to their place for a delicious home cooked meal. Everyone else knew what was going on; only David and I were clueless; we didn't even know Pav and Lotsan were on the island! Longtimers here may remember Caribbean Scout, Lotsan's handle here. It was a wonderful surprise, and a delightful evening with great friends who we don't get to see that often.

Thursday was a quiet day at home for us, with dinner at the Palms for Brad and Lora's last supper.

Friar's Friday, of course. Linda (Jazzgal) joined the Fantastic Four for a great beach day and tasty lunch.

And now we're up to date!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Trip Report-week two- part two - 12/09/2023 01:46 PM

Sounds like a fun time and a nice surprise.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report-week two- part two - 12/09/2023 01:46 PM

Hi. Thanks for the report. Caribbean Scout is living on the island now? Or they own a place that they visit? Either way, good for them!

Do you have any pictures you can post?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Trip Report-week two- part two - 12/09/2023 01:50 PM

They own a place.

I'll look for pictures...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report-week two- part two - 12/09/2023 01:52 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Trip Report-week two- part two - 12/09/2023 02:03 PM

Great times with great people, it has been fantastic trip with several days to go!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline