TravelTalkOnline

Loud music in Beacon Hill?

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 02:18 PM

Jeff Berger's newsletter said this today "

"A new bar/restaurant at a small Beacon Hill hotel condo property blared music late at night recently in that staid neighborhood, next to which jet blast is heard much of the day. But at night, folks in Beacon Hill expect to sleep and a new bar has been blaring loud entertainment across the neighborhood at night....."

Where is he talking about? It sounds like he is talking about Dinghy's Beach Bar. That's the only relatively new bar in Beacon Hill. Anyone know?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 02:46 PM

It appears CocoVaa Beach Resort (Dinghy's Beach Bar) is listed in one of Berger's vacation giveaways, he probably doesn't want to mention them by name. Unless something is happening at the Karakter location, that doesn't leave many other places where the music could be coming from.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 03:03 PM

New bar in beacon hill.

Attached picture FB155B9E-5B69-47D7-956F-ED504E225A34.png
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 03:35 PM

Hours are listed from 6pm to 2am so it is a good possibility.

Thanks.

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 03:43 PM

SXM Fox--thanks. Never heard of it. Trying to suss out in my head where it is exactly. Lesley?

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 04:02 PM

Carol it’s in on of those large million dollar villas as you are coming into beacon hill. Almost across the street from the new guard shack.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 04:05 PM

Shown here.

Attached picture Screenshot_20231225_110350_Maps.jpg
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 05:18 PM

Don't know what they are talking about ?

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 07:20 PM

Fox--how in the world did they get away with a bar in that location?? Especially one which plays loud music late at night?? I guess it depends on how much money you have..
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 09:16 PM

There is NO bar in that location. Highbar is in the Puerto del Sol building in Simpson Bay. This is the same building that has Avantika, Amore and quite a few other establishments. Google maps has its location incorrectly. The link to their Facebook page is below.

Highbar - Facebook link

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 09:30 PM

Thanks because we now live in our second home since 1992 lol.

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 09:34 PM

I’m it sure carol, I think bdeeley might have it right. I was look on maps a few weeks ago and I saw that it had popped up, I have not seen it there before. Yea I think they might have it wrong because there is no parking in that area.
So where is the music coming from in beacon hill?

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 09:41 PM

Haven't heard no loud music for awhile , might have been a party .

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 09:57 PM

Weird--Puerto del Sol is NOT in Beacon Hill at all. I can see where there would be a bar open late, playing loud music in Puerto del So though. Berger got it wrong?

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 10:03 PM

I would agree that he got it wrong, not uncommon. And Dinghy's closes every night at 9pm and I would not call that late. Most visiting music artists that they advertise seem to perform somewhere between the hours of 3pm and 7pm.

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 10:11 PM

We'll see if he chimes in at some point, but I really hope the story is wrong. I had seen talk about music at Dinghy's, but it didn't seem like loud stuff.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 10:20 PM

According to the map I posted, it is definitely in Beacon Hill (look for Highbar SXM).

Don't know if that is the bar Jeff Berger is talking about but it makes sense.

And I should add that I can't vouch for the maps accuracy, but today's goggle maps is showing it in that location.

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 10:48 PM

Google maps is wrong. It's that simple.

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/25/2023 11:56 PM

IF he's talking about Highbar, their Facebook page linked above says they are at Puerto del Sol. Perhaps he saw someone complaining about Highbar, and looked it up and google maps showed it in Beacon Hill?

And not for nothin', but what kind of a name is "Highbar"???

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/26/2023 12:33 AM

He is talking about "Highbar", it was shown on the map he posted. I have seen Highbar, when it was under construction, it is on the second floor of Puerto del Sol right next to Avantika. Google maps has it wrong on their map display. If you google "Highbar sxm" their listing comes up with the correct address but the map image is wrong. There are probably worse names on the island.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/27/2023 12:20 PM

This is what it states for location on their FB page : Modern cocktail bar in Simpson bay. In Puerta del sol building,close to Avantika. Welfare road 68.SXM That means it's on the other side of the bridge, not anywhere near Beacon Hill. I doubt that Dinghy's is looking to make noise at this point!!
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/27/2023 02:32 PM

Noise had become a Hot Topic. We had friends stay at that Guesthouse CocoVa next to that dinghy beach bar that said the noise from there was awful a few nights but not every night and could not sleep. Plus I see that Karakter is open again and the wind blows to the wast normally and the sound carries down into Beacon Hill very late at times. As I understand they is a regulation that prohibits noise past 11pm not no enforced. Hopefully enough will will complain to Gov and something will be done before it gets ugly out of control. Remember the battle at District 721 noise and its outcome. Those homes were there long before those late night obnoxious clubs. Simpson Bay is our fav.
Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/27/2023 03:34 PM

When we stayed near the Morgan building last January-February, there was very loud techno music coming from Mykanos which is located between Sand Bar and Sunset beach bar. They would play very loud music to 2:30am, you couldn't sleep in your villa, it was that loud. I know it is out of the Beacon Hill area but it could still be coming from there.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/28/2023 07:19 PM

There is a Dinghy's bar in back of Sunset, not related to the other Dinghy's bar in Simpson Bay. They were just opening when I was there in December, and did not notice the loud noise from music blaring, but they were open late. It was a soft opening with a playground area for kids there, which was being used by many. But if open that late, I would not be surprised about the music. I think CocoaVa is related to the units there.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/29/2023 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by phillygirl7
There is a Dinghy's bar in back of Sunset, not related to the other Dinghy's bar in Simpson Bay. They were just opening when I was there in December, and did not notice the loud noise from music blaring, but they were open late. It was a soft opening with a playground area for kids there, which was being used by many. But if open that late, I would not be surprised about the music. I think CocoaVa is related to the units there.

Don't you mean they're NOT open late?

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/29/2023 03:13 PM

You are exactly right, they are only open to 9pm each night. Not late at all.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/29/2023 03:40 PM

A lot of assumptions and places mentioned that are not guilty of anything but now associated with negative comments, all started by quoting a person known for his third hand information so he can sell his self named product. I would suggest not quoting this person ever, and not reading anything he suggest in the pay to participate program. I would add, this is a person who has self quoted bragging about taking back a cup of coffee to a place and threatening that if they don't give the money back that he would tell his minions. I would be embarrassed to be one of those minions.

Sadly, I keep reading this thread hoping somebody would add something that brings it to a conclusion. Maybe we should pool some money together and hire a private detective!

I have waited to comment at least until after Christmas but my sarcasm and self control has only so much of a reserve that I can fill before spilling over and I have 2024 arriving soon and needed some space in that reserve.

I hope you all have a great New Year and make 2024 everything you hope it can be!

Re: Loud music in Beacon Hill? - 12/29/2023 04:14 PM

Todd--well, I hoped the person in question would pop up and clear up the confusion, but I guess not.

So, the "final" resolution is that the restaurant in question probably is not Dinghy Beach Bar, probably is actually located nowhere near Beacon Hill, but we'll never know, apparently. All of which could have been avoided if the person in question would have just named the establishment to begin with.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline