TravelTalkOnline

Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 03:45 PM

LINK
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 04:06 PM

Interesting. It doesn't say whether this will affect stores in the Caribbean or not.

Now, if I could just get d*mn Direct TV back to showing CBS!!!!

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 04:15 PM

I would imagine it will once local inventory is exhausted.

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 04:20 PM

I guess it will be something to watch. Lay's are my favorite chips, by far, but have actually had Carrefour chips and they aren't bad..
Posted By: EdB

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 07:51 PM

i'm okay with this decision...since i am a Coke fan anyways!! Last year we tried the carrefour label for chips and a couple of other things, and they were very good also...and a LOT cheaper than like six bucks a bag for Lay's chips!! fyi, the best potato chip on the market, is trader joe's "ode to the classic" potato chip. I know it's not SXM related, but if you haven't tried them, do it. Delicious. I used to be hooked on Lay's yellow bag, but haven't bought them since i had TJ's. smile
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 08:00 PM

My favorite chips are Utz, made in PA. Perfecto !

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 08:13 PM

Ed--if it can happen to Pepsi, it can happen to Coke!! On Direct TV, we have gone through not having NBC here, then ABC, both of which came back eventually, and now CBS. These huge companies have p*ssing matches and the consumer is the one who takes it in the teeth.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 08:13 PM

Utz...Excellent chips....and reasonably priced
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 09:45 PM

good thing i picked up a couple tubes of the Lays Pringles knockoff yesterday clapping
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 09:46 PM

Use to think UTZ the best until I tried Aldi's at $1.69 a large bag. Delicious.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/05/2024 11:27 PM

A plug for the Super U brand chips as well. Interesting flavors (like roasted chicken) along with the classics.

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/06/2024 02:08 PM

Angelface--now that I think about it, I think perhaps it was Super U chips we have bought, not Carrefour brand. Whichever one it was, they were good and fresh. Often the Lays aren't really fresh.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/07/2024 11:57 AM

Good for Carrefour!! All of those products are SO overpriced that I would NEVER pay those prices!! The Carrefour products are good enough for us !!
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 12:23 AM

This is in Europe. I doubt it affects SXM.

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by jmbcomms
This is in Europe. I doubt it affects SXM.

Why wouldn't it? Carrefour is Carrefour no matter where it's located.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 12:06 PM

Just the facts, jack.

The following was pulled from Reuters:

"From Thursday, shelves for PepsiCo (PEP.O) products at Carrefour stores in France, Italy, Spain and Belgium will carry signs saying the store will no longer be stocking the brands "due to unacceptable price increases", a spokesperson for the French supermarket giant said."

"Carrefour's move impacts more than 9,000 stores across the four countries, amounting to two-thirds of the retailer's global footprint of 14,348 stores according to its 2022 annual report."
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 01:49 PM

LOVE Super U "chicken chips"!

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 05:58 PM

I would think the distribution center will ship it off to other Carrefour locations till inventory is depleted and then affect the others. Guess we'll find out in time when it if or doesn't affect St Maarten.
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 09:21 PM

We are in Jordan Village right now and have seen deliveries of Lays/Pepsi in the last few days so it doesn't seem to be impacting Sint Maarten yet, at least

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/12/2024 09:33 PM

Now, if I could just get d*mn Direct TV back to showing CBS!!!!

Sorry for the brain fart but I forgot to respond to this previously (and trying not to hijack the thread)

We had Directv for MANY, MANY years and paid quite a bit for it....maybe 5 months ago I cancelled and switched to YouTube TV for a third of the price and with the same programming...Hulu and Netflix is paid for by T-Mobile and Paramont+ is a donation from my son....no blocked networks...I did pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket as a perk for ME...toatally satisfied with the switch

...and regarding the Pepsi products in SXM..not really something I will lose sleep over...as mentioned there are MANY decent replacements for all their products

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/13/2024 02:06 AM

jaxon--thanks for the note. I think the jury is still out on the question of whether SXM Carrefour stores will be affected by this policy, as the supply chain for this type of product is probably several months behind. It is also very possible that Carrefour will reach an agreement with Pepsi and Lays and start carrying the products again. That is my prediction with regard to this situation.

boucharda--Our situation is different than most with regard to Direct TV, as we cannot get any wired internet connection. The only internet we can get here is via our cell phones. I currently still wait to get CBS back on Direct TV...
Posted By: EdB

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/15/2024 11:10 PM

When DirectTv was taken over by ATT it was the beginning of the end. Their customer service immediately began to suffer. When we moved a couple of years ago, we went with the package offered through are HOA. Better service and better quality, and the customer service people are much more attentive than Direct ever was.

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/16/2024 12:24 AM

Sorry I injected such a thread drift on this thread. Will try not to do that in future.

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/16/2024 11:44 AM

Ok...back on topic....Plenty of Pepsi stuff in the Cole Bay Carrefour

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/16/2024 02:27 PM

boucharda--what is there NOW I'm sure has been in the supply chain for months. The test will be what happens in a couple of months.

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/16/2024 05:20 PM

Would be prudent to check the pull dates.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/19/2024 11:36 AM

EUROPE!

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/19/2024 02:12 PM

Jeff--Just because the press release talked about pulling products in Europe, it doesn't mean that they couldn't still pull the products in the Caribbean. I think the answer to this whole situation is that we will just have to see what happens. Products for the Caribbean would have been in the order pipeline for quite some time, so they still could be removed from shelves in the Caribbean. Of course, they could definitely still come to some type of agreement with them, and replace the products everywhere. It's in both of their best interests to do so.
Posted By: megamania

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/21/2024 04:38 PM

ouch, I love Pepsi with my rum,,,,maybe have to bring my own, lol Coke is soooo hard on my stomach, not sure why. Both products are full of sugar and no good for me, but a good rum and pepsi is my go to, lol

Re: Carrefour pulling Pepsi and Lays products - 01/21/2024 08:39 PM

Carrefour is probably not the only place that Pepsi stuff is and will be available
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline