TravelTalkOnline

Best beach bars in the Caribbean

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/05/2024 05:11 PM

Link

I think this whole magazine is just a pay-to-play deal, so I don't even know why I'm commenting on it. But I don't agree with any of the beach bars they listed on SXM, which are Roxxy, Karibuni, and Yellow Sub. Anyone who has ever been to Roxxy knows that you shouldn't swim in the water there. So how can it be the best beach bar if you can't get in the water? And the fact that they have techno music doesn't make a great bar to me, but I'm old. Karibuni is ok. But Yellow Sub? They claim it is affiliated with Le Pressoir. Is that true? Yellow Sub has sandwiches, etc., and is OK, but certainly nothing to write home about. And Yellow Sub is not really ON the beach.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/05/2024 05:39 PM

Most definitely a "pay to play" list. I've been to almost all of those islands and beach bars and only 2 really should make the count. Unfortunately, one of my favourite hotels "La Sagesse" on Grenada is in that list. The beach is fantastic, and the bar is nice; but the real draw is the location and people there.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/05/2024 05:48 PM

You mean "Karibuni". grin

Re: Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/05/2024 05:51 PM

Sorry. Fixed it.
Posted By: tmsxmsails

Re: Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/05/2024 10:17 PM

I couldn't deal with basically the whole page refreshing and repositioning on each one and only got through 3. My curiosity isn't THAT strong.

Re: Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/06/2024 02:10 PM

tmsxmsails--yes, that is annoying.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Best beach bars in the Caribbean - 01/07/2024 11:48 AM

It's definitely a "pay to play" list as some listed are hotel bars!! We've been to Roxxy and it has a very chic feeling and no the techno music is mostly at night. We had a GREAT lunch and amazing cocktails!!
Yellowsub??? Not !
Karibuni, The best of the three listed as it is on one of THEE most gorgeous beaches in the world with an amazing view!! The over packed boat ride keeps us from returning!

Although, it is in a parking lot overlooking the beach. My number one vote is for Driftwood beach bar!! It checks all the boxes. Great drinks, good truck bar food great staff and amazing views!! Watching people get blown away in the water, priceless!! LOL!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline