TravelTalkOnline

Roxxy closing in April.

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 01:33 AM

According to Jeff Burger's newsletter they are being sold and a luxury Condo complex will be erected. Should make a few here happy that have complained in the past of the noise level supposedly coming from there.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 04:36 PM

And it was cheap either to build, can't see how they could every recover the cost. Read speculation for months about another beach bar on Simpson Bay will close after high season to build condos. Beach front is just to expensive to just sell beer and sandwiches and make any money.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 05:47 PM

I guess we will see what happens. I think those who have a t/s at Royal Palm probably won't be sorry to see it go. According to the story, they are going to build 14 story condos there. Pretty darn tall, for Simpson Bay, but I don't like any tall buildings on SXM..

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I guess we will see what happens. I think those who have a t/s at Royal Palm probably won't be sorry to see it go. According to the story, they are going to build 14 story condos there. Pretty darn tall, for Simpson Bay, but I don't like any tall buildings on SXM..

Oh my gosh 14 stories would be ridiculous and look awful for the area. SXM needs so stand up and fight and sue these gov officials who are giving permits to obviously not logical or legal Projects. Dutch law and courts have shut down and exposed a lot of shaky deals so it can be stopped.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 06:31 PM

I wonder if PJIA would like a 14 story building that close to the airport

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 07:37 PM

I wouldn't think the airport would be a big fan, no. Trying to remember, how many stories is the Atrium? 9 or 10?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 08:11 PM

Guess you've never been there, because they definitely serve much higher end cuisine than beer and sandwiches.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
I wonder if PJIA would like a 14 story building that close to the airport

The limit is 15 stories for PJIA.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/08/2024 08:55 PM

Atrium is 9 stories.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/09/2024 03:36 AM

fourteen seems to be the magic number. same as the two towers built on mullett...about the same distance from the airport.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/09/2024 04:00 AM

Fourteen at Mullet Bay derives it name from it's location next to the fourteenth hole of the golf course. Each tower is more than 20 stories tall.

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/09/2024 02:15 PM

20 stories?? Really?? No wonder I hate that thing so much.

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/09/2024 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Guess you've never been there, because they definitely serve much higher end cuisine than beer and sandwiches.

Yes one and done. Cuisine? LOL. ok then. Still doubt they make money on their investment., that was the point. But you would know.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/09/2024 04:41 PM

We had a blast there the couple times we went, and the food was good and reasonable. While we are not "techno music" fans they had some fun songs, even did Copacabana for us techno style which was hilarious. Also sitting at the bar for cocktails was entertaining, sorry to see the place go and even worse is adding another who knows how many rooms in that area.

Great, now I have Copacabana running through my head!
Posted By: gracie5

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/15/2024 10:14 PM

There is nothing supposed about the noise level. We are at Simpson Bay Resort & the noise coming from Roxxy’s is outrageous. It started yesterday at about 11:00 a.m. & lasted the entire day until about 11:30 p.m. I say…..good riddance!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/16/2024 11:45 AM

Yup...Sunday was intense. Monday zero so I guess the w/e's are the issue
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/16/2024 01:47 PM

14 stories?? I highly doubt that would be approved so close to the runway!! I read somewhere it was only going to be on the level of the Morgan!!
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Roxxy closing in April. - 01/19/2024 11:37 AM

Did you go to see where the noise is actually from? Much of it is next door to Roxxy and across the street.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline