Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 01/08/2024 07:25 PM

https://stmaarteninvestments.com/for-sale/st-martin/orient-beach/

7 Beds/7 Baths
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 01/08/2024 07:36 PM

Ah, Club Fantastico.
Posted By: WVTCTE

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 01/08/2024 07:46 PM

Does anyone know why or what happened? Shame.
Posted By: TJTrippe

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 01/11/2024 03:07 AM

Yes, Club F officially for sale for $1.35M. I guess the owner feels this is the time to cash out.
Posted By: Southshore

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 01/11/2024 04:59 PM

Am I naive in thinking that $1.35M is a very low price for a property of this size, in this location? Is there something wrong with it? Does it need a lot of renovation, etc?

Darn, I think a few of us could pitch in together and buy it! smile

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 01/11/2024 05:09 PM

I have no idea whether there's anything wrong with it or not. I actually kind of thought the price was a little low myself. ...although I haven't been looking to buy properties on SXM, so maybe I'm all wet. grin

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/17/2024 01:00 AM

Looks like this listing is pending. Will they keep it a resort?

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/17/2024 01:50 PM

I asked someone who I thought might know and he didn't really know anything about it, other than to state that a closing on the French side takes about 3 months, so we will not hear for a while, I guess. I doubt they will do any promotion until the sale has actually gone through, even if it will remain some type of a rental.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/17/2024 04:36 PM

Very good price but it wooden not too good for Hurricanes.
Posted By: Brian&Andi

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/17/2024 04:54 PM

Curious; I wonder what the damage level was from Irma (i.e. what did it cost for full repairs).

The insurance liability has to be massive...
Posted By: Southbound

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/18/2024 07:08 PM

They had very little damage from Irma considering what happened to most of the island...small section of roof facing east in the center of the building was blown off and the gazebo over the pool bar was blown away.

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/19/2024 12:08 AM

I would declare that damage “almost nothing” given the storm. So If you can make it through that Cat 5/6+, you will probably be as good as any.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/19/2024 12:25 AM

I've never heard of a hurricane that is a category 6 or 6+, is that something new?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/19/2024 12:37 AM

I think Irma's wind was recorded past a cat 5 and there isn't a 6 category.

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/19/2024 01:16 PM

I’m sure the teacher loved you when you told her there were 9 planets smile. By all accounts I’ve heard the winds are pressures people survived with Irma on SXM were greater than “the official 5” (157+ mph). I guess they haven’t gotten around to creating a 6 or 7 yet. Officially, Irma had 185+. Folks who survived have told me they think 200+. Either way, Cat 5++++. Club Fantastico is a survivor.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/20/2024 11:36 AM

I hope an outsider does not buy it. Maybe the COM can buy it at a reduced price!

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/20/2024 12:47 PM

Martini--what's your definition of an outsider? My understanding is that many or most of the villas along Orient are currently owned by folks from mainland France.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/21/2024 10:35 AM

I'm thinking the low asking price is because it's been around a long time and is in need of all new wiring and plumbing!!
Anyone knows anything about those two things, know, that don't come cheap!! AND the next big question is, "How do you find a licensed and insured plumber and electrician on the island that do the job, scure all permits!?" This is a BIG job!!

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 04:12 AM

For the record , our Daughter Kenya and her Husband Lance So , just bought their first home in Down Town Toronto , sa la vie progress internationally with our Family . And speaks for itself . For June 9th , I'm visiting for me and our Son Birthday in Toronto , me 66 and he 24 , and I dont need to live in Toronto , just enjoying our life . Came a long way postively and no regrets and God's Blessings . Thanks also to my Dear loving Wife Shirley . I travel now first class for the food and comfort , sa la vie . But St. Maarten is our home and our Children and Baby Zion , every Christmas .
Plus their new home back yard is close to a Golf Course that Lance and Dad can play .

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
For the record , our Daughter Kenya and her Husband Lance So , just bought their first home in Down Town Toronto , sa la vie progress internationally with our Family . And speaks for itself . For June 9th , I'm visiting for me and our Son Birthday in Toronto , me 66 and he 24 , and I dont need to live in Toronto , just enjoying our life . Came a long way postively and no regrets and God's Blessings . Thanks also to my Dear loving Wife Shirley . I travel now first class for the food and comfort , sa la vie . But St. Maarten is our home and our Children and Baby Zion , every Christmas .
Plus their new home back yard is close to a Golf Course that Lance and Dad can play .

What's this got to do with the topic at hand?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 07:08 PM

I think a few of us are wondering the same thing.

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 07:55 PM

Wise investments . No need to mentioned the price . Plus added to our second home in Beacon Hill. Why should allow tom , dick harry to come to our Island to try take away our land and property . Not anymore . Talk is cheap .

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
Wise investments . No need to mentioned the price . Plus added to our second home in Beacon Hill. Why should allow tom , dick harry to come to our Island to try take away our land and property . Not anymore . Talk is cheap .

I don't get your rant. Kind of off topic for this thread.

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 08:39 PM

Simply because the asking price for that property is very good deal for its size . Go figure if you have knowledge of Real Estate value on our Island .
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 09:08 PM

This island would be nothing without investors from the outside, get over it. SXM is what it is today because outsiders bought, developed land and had faith that it was a good investment.

Re: Familiar Villa to some for sale on Orient - 04/22/2024 10:26 PM

OK, I have no idea what this thread is about anymore, so will close it down now.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline