TravelTalkOnline

Marigot restaurants- Who is still open?

Posted By: TJTrippe

Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 03:32 AM

It has been some time since last visit. Who is still in business for lunch and/or dinner in Marigot.

Thanks
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 12:01 PM

Downtown waterfront has the same places (forgot names) as before serving outside. Some lolos at waterfront. Couple of good bakeries on the strip.

If you venture to Marina Royal, Marigot great place called Be Kool, gourmet French. Tropicana is still there. Back on the street just past Tropicana is a small place with mostly a local trade. It's a woman's name but again I can't remember. Plat du jour on our last visit was a great creole fish dish.

From the dock to Anguilla just past the Mall (walking distance) follow road around bend to another great place O'Plongoir, across from the yacht club. Inside and porch seating. The is parking infant of this place and also further down the street.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 01:31 PM

La main a la pate is still in marina Royale & croissant royal. Bistro de la mer is a lovely place to eat across from taxi stand. Great service, great food & reasonable.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 01:44 PM

La Petite Auberge is quite good, especially when they have the fresh mussels from France Thursday or Friday.

FB Link
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 02:11 PM

Are you thinking Rosemary's
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 02:41 PM

I'm thinking it's Chez Ginette.
Posted By: CYOWDave

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/11/2024 04:59 PM

+1 for Be Kool, east side of Marina Royal.
Dave.

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/12/2024 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by jeepers
Are you thinking Rosemary's

Originally Posted by cruzer
I'm thinking it's Chez Ginette.

No, Rosemary's my name sake, is near the outdoor market. We've been stopping at her place for 40 years now.

The place I meant is almost next door to Tropicana and may be Chez Ginette.
Posted By: bran

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/17/2024 03:24 AM

Think Erb 923 is right. La Petite Auberge. If not, then Le Sous Marin? But then again, I have not been since 2019/20 I think. Hoping in May/June or Nov Dec this year, just find travel very stressful now, with wheelchairs, customs, etc....such a shame, miss the people and the food and just being there.
Posted By: bran

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/17/2024 03:33 AM

Aha you are right, there is a restaurant there and it's right next door to Tropicana on the corner. They used to do breakfast plus creole food?

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 01/17/2024 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by bran
Aha you are right, there is a restaurant there and it's right next door to Tropicana on the corner. They used to do breakfast plus creole food?

The place I was speaking about is not in the Marina but down the street from Tropicana which has one street entrance and one marina side entrance. The creperie is on the corner and Tropicana would be to the left.
Posted By: TJTrippe

Re: Marigot restaurants- Who is still open? - 02/01/2024 10:19 PM

Thanks all
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline