TravelTalkOnline

HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS

Posted By: filet2u

HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/15/2024 11:38 AM

wow soooo excited we will be two days @the atrium eating at Sal and Pepe and I think Marios ... if you think there is a better place last year it was nice place but open to ideas. Then off to Orient with a total of 14 friends that will will be in and out for the time. Our longest stay ever as we are in our fourth quarter of life so we are going to tlive it up... we have La Pement a few nights Spiga of course La String which we love and Rosies Ribs.@ Mullett Bay .. all else we have some ideas. But would love to hear some current places to eat that you my friend LOVE LOVE LOVE... my wife and I will be going to Grand Case for an evening so what do you love.. just the two of us... we might even do two nights alone.. We have a car rented cars and will be staying at orient bay in a villa ....love it SXM here we come and let me know your thoughts please and thank YOU
Posted By: RonDon

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/15/2024 01:27 PM

In Grand Case I recommend le Bistronome, a newer place run by Chantal formally of Sunset Cafe, and someone else said Les Oliveriers, formally Pizza Pascal ; upscale French which we'll try on our next trip so can't report on the food 1st hand.

Marigot Marina, lunch or dinner at Be Kool. Excellent traditional French, run by a family, husband wife and two sons. We try to lunch there every trip upon arrival before check-in to BSV; however, this trip looks like we arrive too late for lunch.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/15/2024 04:36 PM

With all the mixed reviews recently on Sale Pepe I would do Rome instead.
Posted By: EdB

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/15/2024 10:57 PM

I LOVE Sale and Pepe. Never have anything but a steller meal there!! We enjoyed Roma too last year when we went, but it wasn't the best meal we have had by any means. Best way to comment is to eat at both then compare...not what others think! That's why Howard Johnson's had 28 flavors!!!!!

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/15/2024 11:07 PM

I've eaten at both and feel Roma is far more consistent with service and food quality. I've experienced both good and bad at Sale Pepe but at Roma every meal was perfect. But you are right on to say try them both and come to your own conclusions.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/16/2024 02:14 PM

Are you sure you have enough nights booked???? LOL!!! FOURTEEN PEOPLE at times. This could be a lot of fun, but I'd call a couple of days in advance for reservations. Most places won't have enough staff for your group and the rest of the restaurant!!! There also has been talk on social media about owners taking a deposit for groups over 6-8 people!! Sounds like "spring break" all over again! Have fun!!!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/16/2024 04:59 PM

Thanks and its some people just like to be negative .
Chef Davide started literally from nothing to where he is today
Saro Spardoro brought from him Italy since he was 18 years years of age .

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/16/2024 05:24 PM

I don't think giving personal opinions of personal experiences deens someone negative if they don't agree with you.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: HERE WE COME 30 PLUS YEARS - 01/16/2024 06:26 PM

NOT aimed at anyone in particular, this thread has kind of been highjacked with opinions of specific Italian restaurants. Let's please return to the poster's original question. Thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline