TravelTalkOnline

Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT?

Posted By: Bluesfan

Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/17/2024 07:53 PM

Flying from PVD via CLT to SXM Jan 27. In the past plane has taxied to landing pad which makes making connection a little longer than from terminal gate. CLT was supposedly building a new terminal to replace landing pads. Do planes still land at pads? Flying AA.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/17/2024 08:14 PM

We fly AA through CLT often and have never even heard of a landing pad. I checked one of today's flights from PVD to CLT and it went to B4. If I remember correctly, there are terminals A through E and they are all connected and not that far to walk to.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/17/2024 08:35 PM

We fly through CLT often, and have never experienced anything but a gate. On a small plane, you might deplane on the tarmac and walk to the gate, as opposed to a jetway. Is that what you mean by landing pad?
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/18/2024 01:25 PM

I live near CLT and fly often. E terminal is the only one you may deplane on the tarmac. But even most of them use a jetway now. E terminal is also the longest walk. All others definitely use a jetway.

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/18/2024 03:56 PM

Yes
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/18/2024 04:40 PM

If you are flying direct from PVD to CLT, on one of the two non-stop morning flights, than you will be on an A320 or A321 plane. This is shown on AA's website. These planes are landing in CLT and receiving gates in terminals B and C. You can see this info right on the website using booking info and flight status info. If it is not a direct flight than you need to provide more info.

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/18/2024 05:01 PM

Direct flight. Thank you.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/18/2024 08:28 PM

E terminal is for regional jets. Most have walkways but I have had a few experiences with deplaning without a covered walkway.
Posted By: dfmsml

Re: Landing Pads or Terminal gate at CLT? - 01/19/2024 01:42 AM

Check the aircraft for your flight. If the equipment has RJ prefix followed by generally two digit number you should land in terminal E which has no jetways and is a long walk and an escalator to the main terminals A B C and D which have jetways. Enjoy your trip to paradise !….dave
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline