TravelTalkOnline

What a difference 24 hours makes

Posted By: taraavo

What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/20/2024 11:53 PM

Two pictures I’ll attempt to attach. Yesterday afternoon in TN and this afternoon in Orient Bay. Even after 2 delayed flights (and maybe BECAUSE of the two delayed flights) , we made it from wheels down at PJA to getting our cars from Discount in the parking lot, in 40 minutes. Cheers!

Attached picture IMG_5178.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_5211.jpeg
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/21/2024 12:16 AM

Looks like a great improvement in weather. Glad you made it safely and cleared immigration so quickly. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/21/2024 12:24 AM

Enjoy that change of conditions.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/21/2024 02:29 PM

Great post! I once saw a post where someone had made a snowman with arm out as if looking for a ride and held a sign: SXM
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/21/2024 02:30 PM

Enjoy!!!

Now, we don't have such a big change, living in Floria. I do vividly remember one year, coming back into BWI from Jamaica. We came back to a foot of snow on the car!!! (outside parking lot!) We didn't have anything to shovel the snow off with, of course. We briefly thought about turning around going back in the terminal and finding the next flight to anywhere warm!! grin So glad YOUR change was the other way. Hopefully your weather will be better when you get home.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/21/2024 04:34 PM

We came home to snow and ice on our truck in Raleigh a couple of years ago, when our flight from SXM was delayed six hours, and we ended up spending two days in Miami. The guys at the Hyatt, where we park, stay, and fly, were kind enough to help us get the truck cleaned up so that we could leave, as we didn't have anything to scrape it off with.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/21/2024 08:22 PM

We usually use Hilton Garden or Hampton Inn before flying and the help came to shovel us out after a storm while we were away. Plus for that hotel chain!
Posted By: obgirl01

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/22/2024 07:12 PM

Taraavo,
I sent you a PM.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/22/2024 08:57 PM

You did things right, ours were backwards, though we did miss 6 days of the cold and snow!... Here are our pictures.... Only good thing is we'll be back one month from today - yay!!!

Description: Friday on SXM
Attached picture IMG_2524.jpeg

Description: Saturday, our street at home :(
Attached picture IMG_2546.jpeg
Posted By: Colour1

Re: What a difference 24 hours makes - 01/23/2024 12:14 PM

OOOOHHHHHYEAH!!! That looks amazing!!! Enjoy!!!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline