TravelTalkOnline

Anse Marcel beach

Posted By: CaribbeanCanadians

Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 11:30 AM

We are considering going to this beach for the first time. Does they charge 1 usd at par with the euro at the beach bar.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 12:15 PM

I am not totally sure, sometimes places will not update their handwritten "custom conversion rates" to be correct. But if you use a credit card that will give you the actual rate. I don't think Anse Marcel ever offered a discount like some other places if paying with cash.

anse marcellink
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 01:10 PM

@CaribbeanCanadians - regardless of the exchange rate, I think you'll enjoy the beach. I like it, although I usually access it from the anchorage side. And the relatively new Blue Sail Hotel bar has incredible food!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 01:31 PM

This is one of those " if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't go " questions. IMO best beach venue on the island, but expensive.

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 02:15 PM

The reason why I asked is because we have to pay 38% more for CAD and then 10% more for the euro. A $30 hamburger ends up being $50 for us Canadians. Thanks for the info.

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 03:45 PM

Another question, do you have to pay for beach chairs if you eat and drink there.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by CaribbeanCanadians
Another question, do you have to pay for beach chairs if you eat and drink there.

Yes
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 04:39 PM

CC--It is an expensive day, for sure. We generally spend $200 for one day, and do not go all out at all. If the weather is good, it is hard to beat a day there, but it is an expensive day. If you go, you need to make a reservation for lunch and see if you can make a reservation for one of their beach cabanas. That is the ultimate experience, to me. IF you are only two people, you may not be able to get a cabana this time of year, unless it's like a birthday or wedding anniversary celebration day.

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 06:08 PM

Thanks very much Carol for the info.

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 06:11 PM

Enjoy your stay, regardless of what you do.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/24/2024 08:11 PM

Many people do not understand how expensive a trip to SXM is for us Canadians. The exchange rate makes everything so much more expensive than those who can use US currency at par. With prices escalating each year, travelling is definitely a luxury to be enjoyed!

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/25/2024 11:11 AM

You’re absolutely right islandgem. It cost us $2700 CAD to buy $2000 USD. Regardless, we’ll still keep coming here. Love the island. We just at our villa more often.
Posted By: erb923

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/25/2024 11:26 AM

A nice easy lunch that's affordable is Rancho Del Sol, which is on the way coming from Hope Estate to Orient Beach.
Its on the left of the road, overlooking the beach.

LINK

They have daily specials at 14€, posted on their social media.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/25/2024 01:13 PM

Those of you who spend the day at Anse Marcel, do you go in the ocean? is it easy to get into and out of?
Posted By: kim

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/25/2024 01:46 PM

Very easy!!

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/25/2024 01:53 PM

lcote--reliably, one of the easiest on the island.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/28/2024 06:12 AM

It's got to be for a VERY special occasion to spend the day at that beach!! Besides having to have DEEP pockets, you have to have a car that is part billygoat to climb that hill and back!!! No one thought about drilling a tunnel??? LOL!!!

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/28/2024 02:07 PM

David--that road is windy, but not really a problem if you take it slow.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/28/2024 11:28 PM

We stayed at La Meridien, now Secrets, our first stay on the island. We drove to Grand Case every night for dinner. Never had any problems with the car on the road. Sure, it's steep and twisty, but pretty easy to navigate.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/29/2024 12:06 AM

And yes we also knows about this because we help our Son that lives in Toronto .
after Graduating from George Brown in Graffic Design and Illustration Arts .
The Economy is very rough at this moment there .
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Anse Marcel beach - 01/29/2024 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by CaribbeanCanadians
We are considering going to this beach for the first time. Does they charge 1 usd at par with the euro at the beach bar.

No. The bill shows both Euro and USD. I agree with others it's expensive but worth every penny. I usually spend around $100/day and try to go weekly during my five-week stays. I love the beach for its beauty and (usually) calm waters.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline