TravelTalkOnline

BSV

Posted By: Todd

BSV - 01/30/2024 03:40 AM

I read there are 14 units, where is unit 1 vs 14, and is 1 or 6 good units?
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: BSV - 01/30/2024 04:36 AM

#1 is at the Dinghy Bar and Grille end, #14 is next to the pool.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: BSV - 01/30/2024 02:00 PM

Todd--all the units are virtually exactly the same inside, except that a couple of them are three bedroom units. Neither 1 nor 6 are 3 bedroom units. Otherwise, the floorplan is just flipped with every other unit. You might prefer #1, because that is a much shorter walk to Dinghy Bar and Grill. I prefer #14 because it is right next to the pool. Overall, it is hard to have a bad unit there.
Posted By: pat

Re: BSV - 01/30/2024 03:50 PM

Agreed, Carol, but like you we prefer being closer to the pool for the obvious reasons. We also prefer the curbside parking on that end.

Re: BSV - 01/30/2024 03:56 PM

Pat--yes, the parking on that end is an advantage, especially when one is carrying in a bunch of groceries, and liquid supplies! toast

Todd--the parking for the units at the #1 end is not INconvenient, just not as convenient as being able to park directly in front of your door. For #6 vs #1, the parking is a tiny bit further for #1 than #6. I assume you are asking about those two, as those are the only ones available. Many people have their favorites and go year after year to the same unit.
Posted By: panman

Re: BSV - 01/30/2024 09:20 PM

We were just at BSV and stayed in #6. Liked it better than #4 as it "sticks out" closer to water and better for views, but you really can't go wrong with any unit.
Posted By: singbeach

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 02:11 AM

Curious, it's been a while, do any units have shower stall v. tub shower? And, did I read that you must request the gas grill? Hoping I'll be all good with my new knee there! Thanks for any further info!

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 02:16 AM

All units have a regular stand-up shower in the 2nd bathroom. And yes, you do need to ask them when you check in for the grill.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 03:05 AM

Just returning home from another wonderful BSV stay. Biggest change was Emmanual no longer works there he went to St Thomas. He is missed.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 09:20 AM

Over the last 15 years staying at BSV we have had the privilege of staying a different units. I prefer unit #1 !! I love how the deck jets out overlooking the whole beach!!! It's a little weird when we stay in other units, that the floorplan is the total opposite!! When we were there this past oct into nov. That's when Vicky told us that Emmanuel just up and left! Shocked isn't the word that comes to mind! He was that go to guy that they need there. He will be sadly missed and very hard to replace!!

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 02:01 PM

Oh, that is sad news! Sorry to hear that Emmanuel is gone.

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 04:23 PM

It was very odd in November not to have Emanuel, our go-to guy, for the very few issues we had. He is missed by all but the other staff tried diligently to pick up the slack from his absence.
God speed, Emanuel. Hoping your life is going well in your new surrounds.
Posted By: Todd

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 05:54 PM

Final details being worked out but it would look like we are going to be in unit #1 for a week and then #6 for a week. Looking forward to trying the place out.

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 05:54 PM

Todd--Enjoy!

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 06:25 PM

And in such good company, Todd! 😊😊
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: BSV - 02/01/2024 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Todd
Final details being worked out but it would look like we are going to be in unit #1 for a week and then #6 for a week. Looking forward to trying the place out.

What month is that?
Wondering if we will be meeting another TTOL regular.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: BSV - 02/02/2024 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
All units have a regular stand-up shower in the 2nd bathroom. And yes, you do need to ask them when you check in for the grill.

Forgot which unit we were in lastl year but both bathrooms were shower only. In the past there was a tub in the main bath but since renovations no longer. Not sure if all units are now like that.

Re: BSV - 02/02/2024 06:36 PM

Yes, the units closets to the pool seem to have kind of a hybrid bath tub in the master bath now. It's not a regular tub, but one that is very shallow, perhaps deep enough for a child to take a bath.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline