TravelTalkOnline

Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout

Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/06/2024 04:25 PM

Disappointed to see on the webcam that half the beach washed out overnight. Have never seen the beach in this configuration before, with a lengthy, steep dropoff....Wow....
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/06/2024 04:31 PM

The sea was angry today my friend. George Castanza. rofl
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/06/2024 05:37 PM

There are going to be more southerly waves and then a west wind and waves in the next days. That could either strip the beach further or push all the sand back. But regardless, the surf is going to remain high enough to make entering the water and getting out a difficult undertaking.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/06/2024 05:46 PM

Yes. Only for the young and the brave. Or stupid. Definitely not for us old f**ts.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/06/2024 07:00 PM

The cruise passengers look so forlorn sitting on the fence with nowhere to go and no place to sit.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/06/2024 08:58 PM

The Beach always comes and go lol.

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 12:47 PM

And now it is almost completely gone!
Posted By: kim

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 01:37 PM

Cupecoy - Ocean Club to Mullet pretty much wiped out from last night 😜
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 02:07 PM

Boulders all along the whole thing.

Link

Two ships in today and three tomorrow. Not going to be good for the cruise ship folks.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 02:22 PM

I am waiting for someone to ask when they put the boulders there! duh

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 02:41 PM

The cruise ship folks will sit forlornly along the fence wondering where the beach went.
Posted By: pat

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 02:53 PM

Lesley,

The current phenomena of Maho Beach absence happens often enough I know , even resulting in sand washing up and over the road making it temporarily impassable. Has anyone ever been sand-locked on the Beacon Hill White Sands side and how long did it take to get the passage cleared? 🙂🙂
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 03:20 PM

Pat--if that happens, they get in a front loader to clear the road. So many people are on the other side of that bridge, and they need to be able to get emergency vehicles through. I'm not sure they would do it overnight, but they always seem to get a front loader in there the next day.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 03:46 PM

I've seen it like that before. It always comes back.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Maho/Sunset Beach wipeout - 02/07/2024 07:04 PM

Hi Pat , a big heavy front loader with trunk is always made available , hence never a major problem with getting in and out from Beacon Hill . Thanks that sometimes even though the sea is rough no sand comes over like right now . Blessings but waiting for the rain lol.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline