TravelTalkOnline

anyone on island?

Posted By: Carol_Hill

anyone on island? - 02/11/2024 05:34 PM

Looking for some news from 'home'. It's been pretty quiet lately.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: anyone on island? - 02/11/2024 08:16 PM

I am currently on island, but as you might remember from the couple of trip reports I did that they are pretty boring (don't take pictures, seldom go out for dinner, not a beach person, etc). Just a relaxing 8 weeks at OBBR.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: anyone on island? - 02/11/2024 08:39 PM

Nothing wrong with that. Carry on.

Re: anyone on island? - 02/11/2024 10:04 PM

Mikel--enjoy your time.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: anyone on island? - 02/11/2024 10:29 PM

Good for you and enjoy your vacation.
Posted By: orient34c

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 01:50 AM

Here now at LaPlantation
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 02:16 AM

Enjoy.

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 02:36 AM

Orient--would love to hear about your trip so far.

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 01:02 PM

Airport on Thursday was a long disaster in the rain. Orient on Friday and Saturday was breezy with pretty good surf. So very good. Pinel yesterday was amazing and heading to Mullet in a bit

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 02:09 PM

orient34--how long did it take for you on arrival?
Posted By: Warden

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 02:37 PM

Arrived yesterday, Super Bowl Sunday. Philadelphia thru Miami, AA1136 arrival half hour, thank the flight gods. About 6 minutes ahead of KLM. West Jet was some in the mix, before slight after us. Parked us out to the boondocks. Second stupid bus load to arrive at passport control, thru in less than 5 minutes. Baggage a whole Subject. We grabbed a porter and than waited. It appeared American was Thursday passport first but they put WestJet out first, confused everyone expect person making the decision. Half hour later American comes thru, not entire baggage area is packed mainly because with a pay grade higher than mine decided to screen all of WestJets. So you have three groups in baggage area noone moving. Our porter finally did his thing but only after a bit. Luggage was over an hour. Once we got to xray area we were good because we were on American.
William from a sponsor of this site was there from Trip A, as always.
Whole process 1.5 hours.
No sand any where close to Dany's. Full sun, gentle breeze, first days of 23. Glad to be here but airport is bad, very bad. Best to all.

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 03:34 PM

Warden--At least you have a long time to be on island. Pity those who have to do this crap for a week long stay!!!!

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 04:20 PM

About 2 hours total after disembarking

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 05:10 PM

OK, at least they SAY that departure is better, depending on the day of the week.
Posted By: pat

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 05:41 PM

For what it’s worth, and that may not be much, we departed SXM on November fifteenth or whatever day the new jet bridges first went into use, and the day I would have anticipated the worse possible experience in departing. We went from curbside to our departure gate in less than a half hour. And that included checking luggage. It was flawless but it sounds as if our experience may just have been the luck of the draw. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
Posted By: Angelface

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 10:23 PM

I left on New Years Day, and my departure experience was the same (could be the day of the week and the fact that it was NYD). We ended up having almost 2 hours to kill upstairs in the new departure lounge because everyone told us to get there so early duh
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: anyone on island? - 02/12/2024 11:29 PM

Icon of the seas in tomorrow.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: anyone on island? - 02/13/2024 03:03 AM

We were there 3 hours ahead of flight & made it 20 minutes to boarding!! Couldn't breathe down in b departure! You can read our horror story departure in my other thread a week or so ago.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline