TravelTalkOnline

Villa Zandoli?

Posted By: DSSS

Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 04:03 AM

Like staying at Esmeralda, but they are booked when we planned to go. Saw Villa Zandoli (on Rue Du Cabestar) on a booking site. There were only a few reviews and they didn't have dates. Is anyone familiar with them?
If anyone has other suggestions, we are 2 people in separate beds but would prefer two bedrooms. Need walking distance to Orient Beach (1/2 mile or less), small kitchen, secure building and a private pool where we can swim and sun nude. (I would like a pool 24 feet or longer, but don't know if that is available.) Price range of $4,000 for 9 nights in early March.
Also, how can I make sure that it is as good as the photos.
Are they still having the water outages and how long do they last?
Thank you in advance. This is a great forum.
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 01:09 PM

We have used Island escappe Sxm and Blue ocean villlas. They have many properties that would suit your needs. Their photos are spot on,and they are very easy to deal with.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 02:08 PM

DSSS--I assume you are talking about March of this year, and you really are very late to be booking March of this year. I don't really have any input for you, OTHER THAN the water shortage situation. Very much, yes, it is still going on. I personally would not book any villa on the French side that does not have a cistern or alternative water source. Suggest you go through an agent and make sure they are aware of your requirements. Best wishes.

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 04:21 PM

Thank you. Will call an agent.

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 05:01 PM

Best wishes. Hope you find something wonderful!

BTW, I looked at the pictures of that villa, and I would bet that pool is visible from the upper floor of the buildings around you. Since you were planning on using the pool nude, that might make a difference to you. That is the case with many of the small villas with private pools around Orient. Another reason to deal with an agent, to ask them that question.

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 05:29 PM

Carol, I had assumed some agents would be sponsors on your SXM forum; however, none were listed. Could you or your other readers recommend an agent?

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 05:51 PM

I've dealt with Go Beach. I'm sure others here will chime in with recommendations.
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 06:50 PM

We used Island Escape 3 weeks ago to rent Villa Filao. I would stay in this villa again in a heart beat. The pool area is lovely and private. The location is excellent. We found Island Escape very easy to work with, the villa was clean and comfortable and all questions throughout the week were answered / addressed promptly.

https://www.islandescapesxm.com/accommodation/villa-filao/

ETA - Regardless of where you find a villa listing (for example, if you find a property with Island Escape), I suggest cross-searching the property name on AirBnB. For Villa Filao, although we booked directly through Island Escape, I found their listing on AirBnB to have more photos and more reviews than the listing on the direct Island Escape business page. I appreciated being able to see additional photos and read the feedback from guests.

Posted By: mahokid

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 09:43 PM

Taraavo,

My wife toured Villa Filao and it checked all boxes except a view.
She loved it but she needs ocean view.

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/14/2024 10:45 PM

mahokid--I wondered about that when I checked out those pictures. I am right there with your wife. I need a view.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/15/2024 01:30 AM

Sonja at Blue Ocean Villas is highly recommended.
Posted By: Tom8042

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/15/2024 02:11 AM

It looks like our dates overlap, we have this rental from March 1-11th. Its on Esmeralda property but a private rental. We have the entire building for 3700 for 10 days. The pool is fairly private, but someone walking by may get a quick glimpse. As Carol said, we are rolling the dice on the water issue.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/888259..._id=bb390bb2-93eb-4376-a74d-7211c68c11f5

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/15/2024 02:11 PM

Tom--I did not know that any of the units at Esmeralda were privately owned. That looks nice.
Posted By: luvtotravel

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/15/2024 02:59 PM

I hate to disappoint you but the pool is not fairly private. It is fully visible from the main path that leads from Esmeralda down to Coco Beach.
Posted By: Wahnfried

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/15/2024 03:42 PM

Do you mean properties that would suit their needs for no suits? (Sorry... I'll see myself out).

Leaving for St. Martin in three weeks!
Posted By: Tom8042

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/16/2024 12:50 AM

Luvtotravel

If we close the curtains on the day beds facing the road and few well placed towels this will make it fairly private for us. The owner had no issue with my CO request. I know the area well myself, the rental is really a very nice deal and in a nice location. Works perfect for us.

Carol - I think they sold off a few properties to pay for the post Irma rebuild. I have no idea if this true or not. The really big bungalow right before Coco is also now private.
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/16/2024 12:58 AM

Also great experiences with Sonja Blue Ocean Villas

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/16/2024 02:02 PM

Tom--could be, re the cost of the rebuild from Irma. It appears from the pictures the allow small dogs there? I would love to take my shih tzu, but he's a BARKER. We've had shih tzus for 40 years, and never had one that barks as much as this one does.
Posted By: luvtotravel

Re: Villa Zandoli? - 02/16/2024 02:57 PM

We have stayed at Esmeralda many times. Love the location. I am sure that you will have a great time
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline