TravelTalkOnline

Changes at AA

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 06:06 PM

Link

Anyone who travels AA should look at the whole press release, but a couple of highlights (or lowlights, as the case may be)

1) Another reason to book directly with the airlines. Basic economy seats will NOT get any FF miles if not booked directly with the airline. Even other seats MAY not get FF miles, if you don't book directly. I personally NEVER use 3rd party sites to book myself. If something goes wrong, then you could have an issue.

2) Checked bag fees went up yesterday, for all new bookings. Checked bags will be cheaper if booked and paid for online.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 06:15 PM

With an AA Citi Bank card you get first bag free on domestic flights. Business and First Class still get 2 free up to 70lbs each card or no card.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 06:25 PM

Isn't flying fun?

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 06:32 PM

I don't think you get free bags with ANY Citibank card, as Eric has one and we don't get free bags, unless there is a change to that.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 06:40 PM

Correct. As I indicated in my post it's an AA Citi Bank Card. Other Citi Bank cards don't qualify.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 06:59 PM

Ours is an AA Citibank Card.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 07:08 PM

Free first bag is for Domestic only. Might want to check with Citibank and find out why. Could be the level of card.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 07:17 PM

I'm pretty sure that's it, the level of the card. Unless something has changed recently, we never have gotten free bags on AA.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 07:18 PM

If he has the Milesup card with no annual fee then it doesn't qualify. All other AA Citibank cards do.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 07:30 PM

He has a card with an annual fee, and we do NOT get free bags.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 07:53 PM

Here are the AA Citibank cards available. All have the free bag except the one on the left.
AA LINK

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 08:11 PM

Whatever.

Totally NOT what this post was supposed to be about.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 08:37 PM

I beg your pardon but you are the one that brought up the Free Checked Bag topic in your original post.
"2) Checked bag fees went up yesterday, for all new bookings. Checked bags will be cheaper if booked and paid for online."
I just said how to avoid them with a AA Citibank card. Carry on.

Re: Changes at AA - 02/21/2024 08:43 PM

I never brought up free checked bags, and there are no free checked bags for St Maarten regardless of credit card, except for first and business. Get over it. You just wanted to change the post to positives about AA.

This one is done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline