TravelTalkOnline

Anyone Been to Nola's recently?

Posted By: KitKat

Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/02/2024 04:53 PM

Looking for Nola reviews.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/02/2024 05:59 PM

Wondering the same thing, it was great when Jimbo was there in Nov/Dec and can't imagine it without him being there. Wondering if there was any further turnover of employees as well.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/02/2024 08:36 PM

Yes. A silent new manager replaced Jimbo. She hasn't announced it yet to the public. A very nice person that we know from the island. Jimbo had some issues with the staff and owners and was unwilling to change so was let go.
Posted By: KitKat

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/03/2024 12:29 PM

Well, we went to Nola's last night. Tried to get reservations, but could not get through on the internet or by phone when they opened at 5 pm. So showed up at 6:30 and was able to get a table anyway. Our waiter was new, and had not really been trained at all, but was very eager to learn, so we were patient with him. They have a small, but diverse menu. I ordered the squash dish, which sounded very interesting. Unfortunately it turned out they did not have it that night, so I then ordered the shrimp pasta dish with curry sauce, which was very good. Husband ordered the catfish which was also good. We were full so didn't order dessert. Our drinks were also nice size and very good. All in all it was a pleasant experience, and we will go back.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/08/2024 10:54 AM

Jimbo left because his partners did not want to run the place the way Jimbo thought best. He said "buy me out" and they did. He WAS NOT let go....

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/08/2024 03:39 PM

Comunicating with one of the partners I was told it was either change or leave. Same to me as let go. You call it your way I'll call it mine. Each side will have a different explanation.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/08/2024 06:00 PM

There's always two sides to every story.

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/08/2024 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

For sure.
Posted By: mgh

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/09/2024 12:03 AM

We ate there twice last month and met the head chef Ramon and he set us up with a bunch of appetizers (on the house). It was good enough that we returned and an enjoyable experience, we’ll definitely return next year.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Anyone Been to Nola's recently? - 03/09/2024 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

At least and often another side that may be the most accurate.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline