TravelTalkOnline

LePearl Bleu

Posted By: Carol_Hill

LePearl Bleu - 03/08/2024 08:47 PM

We are thinking about trying this place next trip, possibly for their Sunday brunch. Has anyone done it? Is it a buffet or order off the menu? There's nothing about it on their menu, so I suspect it is the latter. $20 unlimited mimosas sounds lovely to me! smile For those who have eaten there (any time of day), would you recommend it?

Thanks for any info
Posted By: mgh

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/08/2024 11:59 PM

It’s named La Perle Bleu and we ate there last month for dinner and enjoyed it. Nice setting on the lagoon.

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 12:44 AM

Sorry for the mis-spelling.

Is this the place where some people complained about smell from the lagoon?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 10:15 AM

I think that's Palapa. I've been to La Perle Bleu two or three times and have never experienced a bad smell.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 01:01 PM

Also, where NOLA is located that location has been known as oderiferous, especially the outside seating, in prior businesses.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
Also, where NOLA is located that location has been known as oderiferous, especially the outside seating, in prior businesses.

Correct. When it was Frenchy Ludo's, we experienced a very bad smell when trying to dine outside. We went inside and had mediocre (at best) food and service.

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 02:06 PM

Linda--did you enjoy your meals there at Le Pearl Bleu?

I think maybe I have the location of LPB mixed up with another restaurant, which was a lot closer to the bridge.
Posted By: mgh

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 02:27 PM

La Perle Bleu is just past Pineapple Pete’s.

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 02:29 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Linda--did you enjoy your meals there at Le Pearl Bleu? .

My experiences were mixed. Others have raved about it. So . . . .
Posted By: lcote

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 04:50 PM

I enjoyed the service at La Perle Bleu but my duck was pretty tough. I've had much better duck on the island elsewhere.
The location is ok......

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/09/2024 05:23 PM

Linda and lcote--OK thanks

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 02:41 AM

La Perle Bleu is in the same location that was formerly Panlaan and then Jamtillean. Their brunch on Saturdays and Sundays is not a buffet but an order from the combined breakfast and lunch menus.

Location is across the street from Caribbean Cinemas and in the building behind First Caribbean Bank.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Sorry for the mis-spelling.

Is this the place where some people complained about smell from the lagoon?

When it was Jamtilian and the place before we never experienced any bad smells. Just an out of the way location. Would love to see a menu.

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 10:55 AM

The La Perle Bleu full menu is on their website, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

La Perle Bleu - website link
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 12:24 PM

It looks good but $10 for a johnny cake with bacon, egg and cheese is a little steep IMHO, I am not a big breakfast person but I was spoiled with Hilma's version of the same for about $3, but that was 7 years ago.

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 02:09 PM

bdeeley--I figured as much, since there was nothing specific about brunch on the menu. I sort of remember that location from another restaurant.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 02:48 PM

Thanks for posting that. First time I've seen Market Price for a Burger. Menu looks inviting and prices aren't bad.

Re: LePearl Bleu - 03/10/2024 03:06 PM

Market price for a ribeye steak also. I find that odd.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline