TravelTalkOnline

Foodie report part two

Posted By: RonDon

Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 11:50 AM

We liked Bistronome so much and because we like Chantal, we made a second visit. Don had the mushroom soup again because he said it was the best, I had crab cake, Because Don has to limit red meat he asked for a Caesar salad with chicken (not on the menu) it was huge with a whole chicken breast sliced. I had cocuille st Jacques served in a scallop shaped dish with a creamy sauce, bottle water, two glasses white wine, the crispy mousse again. $123.

LaVilla was perhaps the tastiest and least expensive meal 56€ for 3 courses. Rosemary crusted veal for me and chicken breast for hubby. We started with lobster bisque for me onion for him, ended with profilloes and glacé citron vert. Waned all down with a bottle of Sancerre.

We decided on breakfast out at Capt. Frenchies. Ususlly it croissants or similar viewing ocean from our unit. We each had cheese omelet (I added bacon ), juice, fresh fruit 15€ each.

Auberge Friday . Fortunately rain had stopped. Don had grouper in hybiscus sauce. I had Dover Sole, deboned at the table. On the side was served an almond butter sauce . Both plates came with decorations of vegetables and lionaise potato. Again washed down with a bottle of Sancerre . No dessert for Don. I had a digestive Frena Branca. Again meal was with bottle water . Oh and we both started with onion soup. I could have made my meal of just the thick, cheesy soup. $199.64

Saturday O,Plongoir in Marigot. We both had whole red snapper. I asked to swap out the rice for fries because I love their,s the best of any on the island., both plated with a small green salad. Drinks were 2 ginger beers and again the bottled water since Don must keep up his water intake. No desserts. Bill was 57$ or € same one for one.

Except for bakery visits, muffins, croissants, raisin rolls this is up to date,

Today, Sunday we have rsvp at Rendezvous for jazz brunch. I’ll wear my green since it’s St Paddy Day.

Posted By: erb923

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 11:59 AM

Sounds great! Love Ô PLONGEOIR, really cant beat the food on the French side.
Posted By: bostonbob

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 12:02 PM

Sitting here drooling over your food report. Bistronome is definitely on our list for next month. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 01:05 PM

We went to O’Plongier back in 2002 maybe it’s time to return.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 01:38 PM

Thanks for the report. I know that you are a chef, so you know what you are speaking about. We don't get out to eat nearly as much anymore, but certainly sounds like you are getting around, despite Don's mobility issues.

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 02:30 PM

Retired Carol except at home. I’ve eliminated rack of lamb from my wants this trip because hubby loves mine best.

Fabilia, I think we’ve eaten at oPlongoir two many times each year because waitress (formally of Spiga) now calls hubby by his name adding sweetheart.

Bostonbob bistronome owner Chantal used to manage Sunset Cafe at GCBC. The atmosphere is quaint, small. We always sit at the table nearest door because I can watch everything the chef does from there.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 02:35 PM

Rosemary--yes, I knew you are retired from cooking professionally, but as you say, still working at home! smile
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 03:15 PM

You have a reservation. RSVP means Respondez sil vous plais in French, which is what you do when you're sent an invitation to an event. Sorry, but this bugs me , and I've had enough wine to finally comment on it.

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
You have a reservation. RSVP means Respondez sil vous plais in French, which is what you do when you're sent an invitation to an event. Sorry, but this bugs me , and I've had enough wine to finally comment on it.

Confused! Was it because I failed to put a space between named of restaurant or the fact I was lazy and didn’t write “reserved table 3 weeks ago. Meant rsv guess my finger added the P. Maybe I too have had too much wine. Lol
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon

Confused! Was it because I failed to put a space between named of restaurant or the fact I was lazy and didn’t write “reserved table 3 weeks ago. Meant rsv guess my finger added the P. Maybe I too have had too much wine. Lol

Lol. You always say rsvp instead of reservation...
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 05:26 PM

I've had enough wine to finally comment on it.

LOL!! Keep up wiith that wine!
Posted By: taraavo

Re: Foodie report part two - 03/17/2024 05:38 PM

Thanks for sharing your reports. I always reflect, after our trips, on how good La Villa is, especially for the value.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline