TravelTalkOnline

Meds and supplements

Posted By: singbeach

Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 12:21 PM

Must they be in original bottles/containers? Last year trip to DR was warned they must be....? Takes up lots of space! Hope not.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by singbeach
Must they be in original bottles/containers? Last year trip to DR was warned they must be....? Takes up lots of space! Hope not.

It would be best in case there is a problem. Especially if anything is a potent pain medication. Vitamins and supplements, I just throw in 1 bottle and take enough for my stay.
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 12:52 PM

In 40+ years of international travel -with multiple trips each year - (including several trips to St. Martin) I have never carried my meds (and I take many different ones) in their original containers and have never had and customs official ever even look at the meds much less ask to see a copy of my prescription or the original containers. In short, carrying meds has never been an issue.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 01:09 PM

We always bring ours in pill-a-day containers and have never been questioned.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 01:10 PM

I used to do that, years ago, but now I just put everything together in one bottle. JD is more careful about these things because he used to work in a pharmacy, but he is right, if you take something like oxycontin, I would leave that in the original bottle. But I doubt anyone is going to look at it at all. UNLESS you are bringing large amounts, which someone on a 2 week or so vacation does not need.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 01:19 PM

Like Fletch and others we always put them in pill holders but the last time coming back into USA we were questioned rigorously and finally got to keep pills with a warning to either use original containers or have the scripts with us.

The latter doesn’t make sense because one could always have pills &Rx be different.

On another note on leaving USA for SXM TSA attempted to take Dons cane because it looked like a walking stick which are not allowed. They confronted me and I pointed to Don sitting in his wheel chair. So man says okay but next time take a different cane. Now I wonder if we’ll have trouble leaving SXM with it.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 01:21 PM

RonDon--sounds like you happened upon a customs agent that was having a bad day..

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 01:24 PM

Carol I think he just liked the stick and wanted to keep it for himself. 😏

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 01:25 PM

Rosemary--could be!

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 03:45 PM

Oh dear...I'm planning on bringing my cane...pretty flowered! Also asked for wheel chair. But, in SXM don't you deplane on stairs? It's been a while!

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 03:47 PM

RonDon you still in SXM?

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 04:06 PM

singbeach--it depends. Some are deplaning on stairs, some by ramp, some lucky people are getting a jetway. How they decide which planes get a jetway, I don't know. For those like me with difficulty on stairs, a ramp really makes a huge difference. If you literally cannot get down stairs, they will CARRY you down.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 04:20 PM

Oh I can go down but slow! So need or not VIP?

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 04:35 PM

I personally don't really see what you get for it, if you have wheelchair assist.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 05:57 PM

"Some are deplaning on stairs, some by ramp, some lucky people are getting a jetway. "
As far as I know nobody is DEPLANNING on a jetway.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 06:16 PM

Yes, sorry, some lucky people are boarding by a jetway.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Yes, sorry, some lucky people are boarding by a jetway.

There ya go. handshake

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 07:18 PM

Yes we deplaned on stairs. It was a b*#ch for hubby

Scuba it seems only Air France &KLM get jetways.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
Yes we deplaned on stairs. It was a b*#ch for hubby

Scuba it seems only Air France &KLM get jetways.

I doubt they are getting them on arrivals.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/18/2024 10:53 PM

We never carry our medication in their original bottles.
Marc flew almost every week domestic and international) before retiring. Never a problem.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/19/2024 10:09 AM

Scuba it seems only Air France &KLM get jetways.[/quote]
I doubt they are getting them on arrivals.[/quote]

Well, scuba they got them upon arrival the day we arrived so now you have no more doubt
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/19/2024 12:13 PM

We had a jetway with American in December but not in February
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/19/2024 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by singbeach

What I have done when using the daily pill containers is remove labels from pill bottles and put on daily pill containers or have in folder with other travel stuff. Not original containers but have prescription info with physical description of pills.

Have never had or carried oxycontin or anything of that nature. Never been questioned about pills/medications any where in world.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/19/2024 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uksimonusa
We had a jetway with American in December but not in February

On arrival or departure?

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/22/2024 03:18 PM

Well I got pill organizer. 2 meds 5 supplements...hope ok! Not tearing labels! Could take pix I suppose!

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/22/2024 03:20 PM

You are putting too much worry into this trip. Lay back and enjoy yourself.

Re: Meds and supplements - 03/22/2024 08:20 PM

Sing each we leave Saturday
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline