TravelTalkOnline

Day 2 & 3

Posted By: Jerry_R

Day 2 & 3 - 03/26/2024 04:13 PM

Pretty uneventful. Wanted to go to Phillipsburg and stop @ Carrefour on the way back. Traffic was nuts. Stopped for groceries and decided to go to Phillipsburg on Tuesday instead. Pool and Maho Beach day for the rest of the afternoon. Dinner at Sal e Pepe. Slow service but awesome food. Cindy had Gnocchi in Gorgonzola Sauce & I had Veal Scaloppini. Cheesecake for Desert.

Tuesday traffic still nuts. Made it downtown and got one of the last spots in the parking lot. I have never been able to get in there. Usually wind up along Pondfill Road. Shopped at Kay's for bling. Followed with a stop at Gulmohar's for scotch. Amazingly sparse shopping crowd. Dinner tonight will be La Patrona. Have never been there. Hoping for a great experience.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/26/2024 04:47 PM

Two reasonably sized ships in town, so there should be some people about.

What are you doing about parking for La Patrona? I wouldn't mind going back there again. Someone said that they allow you to park at that lot on top of the one building?
Posted By: WWII

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/26/2024 04:59 PM

I started taking the bus to town. A little slower but it's only a couple bucks and I can sightsee more when I'm not driving.
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:03 PM

Parking was in the roof top lot for the Marina Building. Just told attendant we had reservations & he waved us in. Bovin & La Patrona were not crowded. Took the elevator down and then stairs to get to ground level. Scuba suggested this a week or so ago when I asked here and it worked like a charm!

Our meal & service were both excellent. Thanks to Renee our server.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:05 PM

OK, good. I wasn't sure if they were still doing that for sure or not. How was your meal?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:16 PM

There is also a service ramp going down to the restaurant level. It is marked for deliveries but shuttles use it and I used it to pick up friends.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:21 PM

Where is that ramp, JD? As you know, I don't do stairs real well.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:23 PM

I think you can see it from the lower lot, it would be the one you first come to as you head up the hill. This is where we were told to park when going to Aqua Mania.

The elevator is a good option as well.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:30 PM

JD--the elevator doesn't get you all the way down to the level of the restaurant.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:41 PM

I think it does.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 01:45 PM

Interesting. I seem to remember we still had to do one flights of stairs? But maybe not. My memory isn't what it used to be..
Posted By: Whale Tail

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 02:38 PM

Carol - Any elevator in the SBR villas building taken to the 1st floor level will be the same level as the pool and restaurants.

Re: Day 2 & 3 - 03/27/2024 03:19 PM

OK, thanks
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline