TravelTalkOnline

Any SXMers beenTo Cap Juluca on Anguilla lately

Posted By: TJTrippe

Any SXMers beenTo Cap Juluca on Anguilla lately - 03/31/2024 04:59 PM

Posted here because I didn’t see an Anguilla forum and didn’t want to get lost. We stayed here before the turn of the century and it was wonderful. We know it sold and we found SXM more affordable but are looking for a big anniversary trip. It’s quite pricey and looking for any recent opinions from seasoned SXMers who have great taste.

TIA
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Any SXMers beenTo Cap Juluca on Anguilla lately - 03/31/2024 05:55 PM

Never been to Cap Juluca, but if you like SXM, why don't you try La Samanna??
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Any SXMers beenTo Cap Juluca on Anguilla lately - 04/01/2024 12:50 AM

Very good Carol and Happy Easter.
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Any SXMers beenTo Cap Juluca on Anguilla lately - 04/01/2024 02:24 AM

TJ. Cap Juluca was one of my favourite places on earth. But it’s out of reach for me now. It’s high end but the staff are still warm and efficient. They have redone the pool and added the Cap Shack beach restaurant. Uchu is a Peruvian restaurant and excellent. Cips is the breakfast restaurant. The beach service is attentive. It is a fabulous place and for a milestone holiday you can’t go wrong.
La Samanna is a lovely property but the beach is harder to navigate. There is also less choice in terms of restaurants.
Posted By: TJTrippe

Re: Any SXMers beenTo Cap Juluca on Anguilla lately - 04/03/2024 01:59 PM

It would probably be a minimum day stay at best at the beginning of an SXM trip. We stayed there very early on at the recommendation of a friend. We met the owner way back when who was an interesting in shape gentlemen. But he sold it some years ago.

As for La Samana, will have to give it a look.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline